1-01.5

♛

"Do you want me to wait or come with?" Steve questions as we sit in his parked car in front of Benny's Burgers. I look at the diner that held my hand sanitiser, and realise it wasn't lit up as it usually was. Are they closed? The windows that usually show lights and people eating are now covered with white curtains.

"Come with me, I'm freaked," I tell him and he nods. "We can grab a bite to eat after." The two of us take our seatbelts off and hop out of the car. I grab my purse and shut the car door after me. Steve leads the way to the diner using the moonlight as our only source of light. I grab his forearm and hold him tight, the diner is quiet... way too quiet.

I'm glad Steve doesn't mind all the touchies I give him. I think my little plan on getting him back is working since we do already seem closer than the day after he broke up with me. We can stand in the same room together and it won't be awkward, even though I feel like jumping him.

Steve tries to open the door and moves forward to push it open but it doesn't budge. He tries again but it must've been locked because it still doesn't work. I give him a light push to the side and grab a bobby pin from my hair which kept it neatly in its half up ponytail. I kneel down then put the bobby through the lock of the door handle and wiggle it until it eventually twists unlocked.

"That was hot." Steve announces and I smirk. Nancy is not stealing him from me anytime soon.

Steve and I walk inside the dark diner. I look around with my hand tightly wrapped around Steve's. My eyes take in the quiet and eerie diner.

"Hello?" Steve calls out.

"How'd you get in here? We're closed." Benny, the tall chef, comes out from the kitchen. His voice booming the empty diner. I walk away from the two and go to grab my sanitiser from where Steve and I sat with Tommy and Carol last night. I look over where I sat but struggle to find it, I check out the seat in front and sigh when I find nothing. My shoes clack on the floor as I return to my spot beside Steve who talks to Benny.

"Have you seen a small pouch sized sanitiser?" I ask the taller man who stands in front of us.

"Uh, yeah. Back here... just wait there," Benny says as he walks off before turning to stop and face us with a hard look on his face. "Do not move." He then walks away.

"Why is he so skittish?" I ask Steve who just shrugs and I copy him, shrugging as well.

"You think he'd make me food?" Steve questions and I look over to him. I place my both my arms on either side of his shoulders, letting my hands dangle off the back of them.

"If not, we'll force him to." I whisper to him. Steve clears his throat and slowly removes my hands off of him. I try not to look offended.

"Yo, Ben. Can I get a hamburger?" Steve shouts, his head turning away from me and towards the kitchen.