1.17

♛

Several men rush forward as they all carry their guns in front of them, shooting at the creature trying to harm it. I'm honestly too shocked to look away. My heart beats as I watch and hear the Demogorgon shriek, it's screams being much louder than the guns that are fired at it.

"Come on, get up!" Jenny pulls me up and I look away from the monster. I let my sister help me stand up, as she holds me close to her. I stand up and wipe the blood that falls from my forehead on my jeans.

Yuck. Germs. Germs. Germs. Germs.

"Hurry!" Lucas calls out from in front of us, rushing us with his hands. I look up to see Dustin carrying Eleven in a bridal hold. I grab Jenny's hand as we rush towards the other kids. Every step I take burns my head but I ignore the throbbing pain.

"We can swap when things quiet down, Dustin." I suggest as Dustin looks back at me with a nod. He doesn't look like he's struggling to carry the girl but still...

The kids and I run together as we move away from the monster and the sounds of gun firing. I take a quick peek behind me and see the monster literally eating a human being behind us. Head down, arms angled, absolutely devouring the people. I let out a small whimper and continue to run forward.

What the fuck!

We follow Mike as he leads us through the school hallway, our only source of illumination coming from the flashing lights. I look behind me, searching for the monster or men with guns but nothing. I can still hear it's screeches.

"Quit looking back!" Andy shouts at me, causing me to I once again whimper in fear and look away for the last time. Suddenly, a man comes out of nowhere from the side of us as he shoots messily into a dark hallway.

"Fuck!" I shout, Mike enters a new door but this time instead of it leading to another endless hallway, it now takes us to the science room. The kids follow Mike inside the classroom then I quickly enter after them.

Dustin places Eleven down on a lab table, and I rush to shut the door behind me. I lock it and place a chair in front of the door.

"It's a monster, Danielle..." Lucas says to me, watching as I grab another chair to stack on top of the other.

"And?" I question, preparing to grab another but Lucas holds the chair down, stopping me.

"It'll break through!" Lucas says with annoyance in his voice.

"It might slow it," I huff and move to grab a third chair away from Lucas. I place the third chair on top of the others, so it stacks. Lucas rolls his eyes and walks away from me. "So, is anyone smart enough to make a bomb or something with the chemicals?"

The kids look at each other, shrugging. Fuck sake. Now they want to be stupid? Ugh!

I move away from the door after stacking a couple chairs by the door. I take my sanitiser that I shoved earlier in my pocket incase I lost my purse— which I'm so thankful I did because I did lose my purse. I spritz the sanitiser all over my hand as Mike and Eleven talk to each other. Mike holds her hand, while the other kids try to calm their breathing.

The sound of the monster roaring causes the two split apart. The loud gunfire continues as we hear it grow closer to the classroom and moments later, the gunfire ceases. So does the groaning of the monster.

"Is it... dead?" Dustin asks from beside me, but everyone is too afraid to answer.

The door in front of us breaks to the ground the second the Demogorgon jumps on top of the broken door. The chairs I stacked falling, not even affecting it. The kids and I all scream as I push the kids to the side.

"Fuck! Shit!" I grab the gun that I shoved in my jeans before and quickly play around with it. What the hell did that dude mean when he mentioned the safety?

"Get the wrist rocket! Get the wrist rocket now!" Dustin screams at Lucas, as Andy and Jenny fight to grab the backpack off of Lucas' back and move to hold it in front of him.

"Go, go, go, go!" Mike rushes his friends as Lucas grabs the wrist rocket from his bag, he drops his bag to the ground and moves to the side with Andy following right beside him. Mike and Dustin pick up the fallen bag and search for the rocks. "Get the rocks! Get the rocks!"

"Getting the rocks!" Dustin shouts back to Mike who kept shouting in his ear. Jenny sticks by Eleven's side ordering the boys to be quicker.

I hear a click in the gun when I press a small button on the side. I think I did something... I aim the pistol at the Demogorgon who walks into the classroom.

I shoot the gun, missing the monsters head, and it hits right beside him.

Fuck. I don't know how to use this shit.

"Give me the rocks!" I hear Lucas shout. Jenny pulls at my shirt from behind me. I look down at her and she gives me a nod.

I let out a breath of air, and aim at the monster. I squeeze the trigger and the bullet fires from the gun, I feel a small recoil but I keep my stance.  At the same time as I hit the Demogorgon in the face, so does Lucas. The monster who once had his facial-less features closed, opens his head to show his teeth as he screeches at us.

"Give me another one!" Lucas shouts and I use this time to squeeze the trigger again. The bullet hits the creatures petal. Lucas fires his wrist rocket causing the rock to be released and biting the Demogorgon in the head.

"Go! Go!"
"Shoot!"
"Kill the bastard!"
"Keep going!"
"Come on!"

I hear the kids shout as Lucas and I continue to try and kill the creature. I release a bullet and it hits the monster square in the chest. Lucas' rock lands straight in the middle of the monster's pedal shaped head.

The creature tumbles back, hitting its body to the chalkboard on the wall.

"Holy shit, Lucas!" I cheer with laughter but then a small girl walks in front of me. Eleven's bleeding nose and ear doesn't stop her from walking closer to the creature. "Holy shit, Eleven!" I correct.

"Eleven, stop!" Mike shouts as he walks towards Eleven, but she uses her powers to push Mike away. Mike falls to the ground, his back hitting the far wall.

I quickly rush to his side and place my hand on his shoulder but he pushes my hand away and stands up. Eleven walks closer to the creature, being only a few steps away. The monster groans as it still remains stuck on the wall. Eleven turns to look back at us as we watch in silence.

"Goodbye, Mike." Eleven turns back around and stares at the monster. Her hand comes out in front of her and suddenly the monster starts screeching in pain.

We all cover our ears as the Demogorgon's loud screeches erupt the entire room. I groan as I tighten my hold on my ears but not even 3 seconds later, the screeching ceases, the flashing of the lights stop. I look up at where the monster once stands, along with Eleven only to find nothing dust like particles flying to the air.

"El!" Mike yells as he runs towards the end of the room where powerful young girl stood. "El? Eleven? El?"

"Eleven!"
"El!"

The kids shout but I don't bother... she's gone. She literally vanished into thin air, what the hell?

"Come here..." I whisper as I open my arms and pull the kids into my side. They all rush to me and throw their arms around me. I wrap my arms on the back of their little bodies. "It's okay. We're okay."

But Eleven isn't okay.

AN,
   we're getting closer to end of season 1! I think there's one or two chapters and season 1 is finished!!

  cant wait for you all to read s2
  when that comes out, it'll still
  be part of this book!

YOUR THOUGHTS?