1.11

♛

After visiting the station once again to continue the search for Hopper, I let out a groan of frustration as I get in the car. Francis saw the desperation on my face to find him so she ended up just giving me his address.

She was also surprised that I didn't know Hopper's address but like, why would I?

I grab the street directory book and look for the street Hopper lives on. You'd think living in a small town you'd know where everything was but considering the only time I used to drive was around Steve's neighbourhood, you can't blame me!

I'm still not confident in my driving abilities but I'm glad it's night, which means there's less people on the road so less people see my driving and less people to possibly run over.

I slow down as I arrive at Hopper's place. His small home sits a couple feet away, with his truck parked beside it. I drive to park beside him but immediately pause behind to see the man starting up his truck. I give him a few honks but he doesn't look back. For fucks sake.

I leave my hand on the honk and quickly park beside his truck. Hopper pops his head out of his driver seat window with an annoyed look on his face. I take my hand off the honk with a smile on my face.

"Are you crazy?" Hopper shouts from his open window as I grab the keys out of the car ignition. I open the door to let myself out and huff as I march over to stand in front of his truck.

"You're a hard man to track," I walk over to his window but I accidentally parked too close to him so he can't get out and I can't get through to speak to him. I move towards the passenger side and rip the door open (not literally). "Hawkins is so small there's literally 5 places to hide, yet somehow you beat the system and you were nowhere to be found."

"I was home almost all day." He blurts out and I hop inside his truck to talk.

"Well, I didn't know your address so home was the last place I'd look."

"What're you doing here?" Hopper asks as he turns his car off.

"I wanted to talk about yesterday—"

"Did they get your place too? They did, didn't they?" He questions but doesn't even give me time to answer him.

"What does that mean? They put me in pjs... which by the way, can I sue them for that? Anyways, they place beer cans around me and drug—" I immediately cut myself off. He's a chief, Dani. Not your friend.

"They wired my place—"

"They wired your place?" I repeat his statement, completely shocked at the lengths they'll go through. "Did they wire my house?"

"Have you checked?"

"No! Was I supposed to?"

Hopper groans and starts his car, "was I supposed to?" He mocks and reverses out of his driveway. "Seatbelt." I frown at his mocking but do as he says. I put my seatbelt on, making sure the belt only touches my clothes and not my skin.