1.14

♛

The kids, teens and adults sit together in the Byers living room. We all stare intently at Mike Wheeler who begins the explanation of the whereabouts of Will Byers and I guess where Nancy's friend also is. If I'm being honest, I completely forgot she existed.

He drew on a blank sheet of paper with a red marker, a long line across the page. Towards almost the end of the line, is a small stick figure representing an acrobat and then an small circle beside the figure which is a flea.

"Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat," Mike points to the stick figure. "Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding. Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space."

"A gate." Dustin informs to help the adults and the two other teens to understand a little bit easier.

"That we tracked to Hawkins Lab." Lucas adds.

"With our compasses." Andy also randomly adds, which causes Joyce to lose them in the conversation.

Dustin notices, "okay... so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of a compass needle."

"Is the gate underground?" Hopper inquires, his voice soft as he speaks.

"Yes." Eleven answers, her first word escaping her mouth since a couple hours from when I first met up with the kids.

"Near a large water tank?" Hopper continues and my mind rings like a light bulb flashing in my brain. It hits me. Hopper and I literally went to the gate without realising. Okay, so at least we know where it is but how the hell are we supposed to go there with all those guards and cameras?

"H..how do you know all that?" Dustin asks, his voice stuttering as he spoke.

"Oh... oh, holy shit!" I scoff as I stand up from my spot on the couch.

"They've seen it." Mike whispers and I nod.

"Yeah, definitely not what I thought it'd be... it's really ugly. When you said gate, I was thinking of like a nice black automatic gate." I say causing Jenny to slap her hand to her forehead. She pulls my wrist down so I can return back to my spot.

"It's not a literal gate." She whispers to me and I huff in my seat. I knew that...

"Is there any way that you could... that you could reach Will?" Joyce asks Eleven. Her voice cracks as she speaks about her missing son. "That you could talk to him in this—"

"The Upside Down." Eleven finishes for her causing Joyce to nod.

"And my friend, Barbara," Nancy ponders. "Could you find her too?"

Eleven gives her a slight nod.

"What do you need?" Jonathan questions as we all stand up from our spot to quickly grab what she needs.