2.05

♛

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I sit on the stem of Dustin's bike as he pedals as quick as he can to the Library. At 7 in the morning, I went to check up on Dustin and his pet slug, and I saw him, waiting for me, ready to leave his home. The child was literally at the door waiting, I have no clue why he was so desperate.

"Why are we doing this before school?" I ask the younger boy as he pedals us up to the library.

"When else could we do this? I need to know what Dart is." He answers. I gently jump off the stem of the bike being cautious to not break my ankles due to my heels. Dustin gets off, throwing the bike to the floor.

"You gave him a nickname!" I shout, shocked at the level of attachment the pre-teen has already formed. Giving something a name is one thing but then giving it a nickname too? This won't end well.

I remember when I was younger, mom got me a pet toy dog. He was really advanced, he was able to bark and wag his tail. It had been half a day when I immediately came up with a name and nickname for him. PugWag was his name and Waggles was his nickname. One day, we went to the park and I accidentally left it there. We never drove back for him.

I had Waggles for two days and cried for a week.

... Moral of the story, just don't get attached. Like, another example, Steve Harrington. Steve is his name, Stevie was his nickname, I got attached and my heart broke.

Though, I'm still attached.

Anyways...

Dustin runs inside the library and I follow as quickly as my shoes could take me after the shorter boy, "well, I'm not going to call him D'Artangan just to get his attention."

"Well, you should've named him something else." I exasperate to Dustin, as he scans the isles of books. Each row belonging to a different category.

"Too late!"

"Shh!" The librarian shushes our small argument. Ugh, this child is just always butting heads with me. Dustin silently leads the way and I let out an annoyed groan not caring about the librarian. I follow after him as he begins to rummage through several books in the reptile section.

"Help me!" He grumbles and I make my way beside him and help him to find some reptilian books that are based in different continents.

"What the fuck is a pollywog?" I huff as I take a sip of my water. Dustin and I took the books to my home since Dustin's mom was home and she would question why we both aren't in school. We sat side by side at the dining table trying to figure out what the hell Dart is.

"It's another word for tadpole." He answers and I roll my eyes. He's so smart, I hate it. I'm jealous.

"Okay, say that next time..." I open the book and grab a highlighter out to spotlight the term, pollywog from the book we have in front of us.

Summer Royalty | Steve Harringtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें