Chapter 51

As Justin walks in I'm still confused on what just happened.

He was going to live with us. Like dad did. He's going to be part of our family. He's going to be my new dad.

"Sarah? Hello?" Justin waves his hand over my face as I sit on my bed staring into blank space.

"Yeah?" I quickly come to the realisation that he was talking before hand. I jump in the middle of my bed and start to scribble on a piece of paper I had with my application.

"I said what's up?" Justin said getting onto my bed as well.

"Travis is going to ask mum to marry him." I blurt out straight away. I cover my hand over my mouth. "I actually don't know if I'm allowed to tell, opps"

"Shit, really?" He says. "But they haven't even been together for a year?"

"Yeah.. Anyway" I grab the pen and the sheet on my bed of the application. I hit the space next to me saying for Justin to sit next to me. He sits and I write in my name.

"Okay, this next one is so hard!" He says. "Birthday?"

"Oh my gosh, what could it be?" I say to him acting along. I stop and write my birthday in.

We went on and on playing games on what the questions were. It was so fun. So we now have a couple of questions left.

"So, what's the next questions?" Justin says. "Have you ever been charged with a criminal offense?" He reads out loud.

I chuckle to myself.

"Wait, have you?" He says looking really confused.

"No! Of course not! I was just chuckling because I remember when I was younger there was this time when I was in the car and we got pulled over, and the officer said that we were speeding. But I assure you we weren't, and dad had a... Dad." I stare off into the distance. I didn't know what I was doing but the sound of his name now is going to be replaced with someone else.

"Oh baby" he pulls me in and hugs me tight.

"He's going to get replaced. I cant let that happen. Why would she do this? The word dad will now belong to Travis. I cant do that. I wont do that." I start to panic.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. Don't worry, Travis will never replace your dad and he will never become your dad too. You don't have to call Travis dad, you can call him by his name."

He looks into my eyes. I look back into his. His eyes are so soothing that they calm me down.

I focus on my breathing. In and out. In and out. I chuck a smile at him and he smiles back.

"You know I love you right? Like I will forever love you" he says to me. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Forever huh?" I say.

"Forever"