Chapter 21

We walked to the kitchen as mum got down the safety kit.

"What was this all about?" She asked. I wasn't really into talking but I had to. She is my mum.

"Me" I say really softly. I'm surprised she heard me.

"Oh darling. Does he like you?" She got out this stuff that helps clean it out and she got out a bandage.

"Yeah" I said "he says that he has always even there for me and never him." I wasn't going to cry. I wasn't going to cry.

A tear rolled down my eyes. It touched the cut on my face. I whined.

"I heard you didn't go to school today after what happened?" Mum said putting the things in he bin.

"Yeah I decided to stay with Justin. IT was my fault. At least I could do was stay with him" I said back.

"Thats okay just next time tell me okay?" She said.

"Yep"
I got out my phone and texted Justin.
"Hey babe. All good at home. Mums cleaning my cut. It hurts so bad lol. She's also got a guy here shit."

"So.." I said "who's the guy?"
As soon as I said it he walked in. What the?

"Hi, I'm Travis. I was just meeting your mum up for a coffee. I better be going. Got work to cover. I will see you later Ruby?" He said

"Yep of course." He walked over to mum and kissed her on the cheek.

"Bye" and he showed himself to the door.

"Ooooo" I said all funny.

"Oh shut up you!" She smirked and put the safety kit away.

"So where did you meet him?"

She had a smile on her face. All dreamt and everything. "At the coffee shop."

"Aw cute." I got some food out of the fridge and heated it up.

I got my phone out and texted Taylor and Zoe.

"Want to hang out at my place?"
I sent the text and went back to eating my food. 5 minutes later I got a text from Zoe.

"Yeah sure. Be right over." 2 minutes after that Taylor texted me.

"Sure. I'll be there in 5."

I waited 5-10 minutes for them to come. I decided to watch tv. As I sat down i heard a knock on the door.

"I just sat down!" I moaned.
I opened the door.

"Surprise." Zoe yelled putting her hand into the air. I just looked at her confused. "Oh well, was worth a shot."

I opened the door more so they could come in. Taylor closed the door behind her.

We walked up to my room and sat down. I started to put some music on.
"So... How's Justin?"

I looked at them in silent for a moment. Then I decided to speak.
"He's okay. He's got some cuts and bruises. But nothing to stitch up. He just needs rest." I got out my phone and started to just randomly go through it so it would take the awkwardness off my shoulders.

"I thought you would of been with him now." Zoe said all sad.

"I was with him all day so I just thought he needed some alone time." I said. I put my phone back in my back pocket.

"Let's talk about something else."