Chapter 23

I put down the foxtel remote as I heard mum coming down the stairs.

"Okay so your fine here tonight?" She said grabbing her keys. She was in a slim black sparkly dress. "Looking after Max?"

"Yeah. Of course. Justin's coming over so we are just watching movies." I smiled at her. I got up and walked over to her. She had a bit of a big patch of foundation. I smudged it in. "All good."

She kissed me on the cheek and said her goodbyes and walked out.

I got my phone out and texted Justin.
"Free seat next to me if you want it ;)"

I sent the text and sat on the lounge. Max came and sat next to me.

"So what are we doing for the night? Twister? Uno? Chilling?" He asked. He picked up the remote and turned it on to Cartoon Network.

"Just chilling I guess. Justin is coming over so be nice okay?"

I got up and walked to my room. I decided to get my guitar out of the closet. I never use to play anymore because well there was no use. My dad used to teach me and when he died I guess the inner guitarist died to. I tuned it and started to play a song of my own.

"Mama, you taught me to do the right things
So now you have to let your baby fly
You've given me everything that I will need
To make it through this crazy thing called life
And I know you watched me grow up
And only want what's best for me
And I think I found the answer to your prayers"

I stop for a minute to wipe a year away. Then I hear clapping. I quickly turn around not knowing who it was.

Justin!

"How long have you been there?" I asked him putting the pic down and packing up the guitar.

"When were you going to tell me you can sing and play guitar?" He said stepping inside my room.

"I asked first!" I walked over to him and put my hands on his hips.

"Well, since the first lyric!" He said resting his chin on my forehead.

"Well. I was eventually going to tell you." I said.

I put my head into the crest of his neck. "That was heaps good song. Is that yours?" He asked.

"Working progress." I grabbed his hand and led him downstairs.

We ended up playing twitter and Uno just because Max wanted to play.

It was 10:30 and we were on our 4th game of Uno.

"Uno!" I said putting down my red 3. I was nailing this. No one can beat me now. All I have left is a yellow 8.

"But it feels as though you just had Uno like 2 minutes ago." Max said. He was all sad now.

"I'm sorry." I chuckled a bit. Justin changed it to yellow and I was cheering. Like only in my head though. I didn't want them to know I had a yellow.

Max put down a yellow card and looked at me. I looked at my one card and looked at the pile. I quickly put it down.

"Bomb. Yellow on yellow. I win!" I said making all these gestures.

"No fair. You better at this game." Max said.

"Okay well I will sit this one out then."

I watched them as they were skipping each other and making them draw more.

Then I started to think about Justin with kids. He would be so cute holding a baby. And I could just see him making faces at the baby to make them smile. I started to smile myself. A really big smile that caught both of their attention.

They looked at me with confused faces. "You okay?" Justin said before chuckling.

"Yeah fine." I was off in daisy land.