Late Night Whispers

Prompt: Legend thinking about Tella the night after Finale

Timeline: just after finale

🔴 Warning: This is a spicer oneshot than normal. No hard smut, just some references.
——————————————————————————

Legend had become used to cold nights.

To be honest, he'd never really had a warm one. His childhood wasn't really a pleasant one that offered the heat he had blessed upon him now, and no amount of people he'd shared a bed with had given him this comfort.

Her blonde curls seemed to bunch when she slept, creeping their honeydew strands on any dark surface near the sheets. Wind whispered around her cheeks and up to her neck, making her rustle slightly in her state of calm.

   A smile crept up to Legends face, thinking of her. Soft fur laced his callouses as he hitched the top of the blanket up to cover her more.

   Yesterday, he'd rejected her- told her he wouldn't make her an immortal to save her from what would have been eventual heartbreak. Now he was lying beside her, their legs and arms intertwined like a messy game of chess.

Legend hadn't expected to share a bed with her so soon. He didn't quite know how comfortable with him she was yet, and maybe for the first time in his life he'd been almost frightened of ruining something. He had intended to leave her to her rooms after her sisters coronation, but she'd pulled him in as he'd turned to leave. Complaining about how her bodice was to heavy and she'd never be able to get it off without help. Even though he hadn't known Tella for longer than a few months he knew that was her way of asking him to stay.

In the few hours since Legend lost his immortality and gained his eternity, he'd learned a few things about his muse. The first being, she slept with an obnoxiously short dress on. Nighttime dresses were not supposed to be this beautiful, but he supposed Tella made everything beautiful.

The dress itself ended around her knees, exposing her calf's more than her normal floor length attire provided. It was soft and silky to the touch, as delicate as her skin. But it hitched in places she rolled to while her creative mind drifted off in wonderous dreams. Ones where she used her own magic to taunt him with her little night game she'd played earlier this evening of how much can I rile my lover up for my own cruel entertainment.

Which was the second new thing he'd learned, she loved teasing him.

The looks she gave him in the mirror as he unlaced the tricky daint strings of her bodice would've made someone else faint. If Legend had room left in himself to be surprised, he might've as well. It was slightly fair, he supposed, considering he teased her with his shirt too- unbuttoning it slower than he usually did just to get her to flush. Red romance spread on her cheeks and collarbones, making a Cheshire smile grace his lips.

   Every so often Tella would grip his shirt and puller closer to him in her sleeping state. Almost as if it was an unconscious thing- to be near him. He didn't mind it of course. After months of chasing her and being torn between choices that prevented them from being like this, Legend enjoyed the pleasure of silence as long as it was with her.

   Legend wouldn't really mind anything anymore. As long as he was with her.

——————————————————————————

This ones only about 600 words. I just wanted to do a cute lil scene with a more domestic Legend.