S1, EP 3: Routine

Your eligible to skip this chapter, it's not relevant but it is here for a reason.
Also, quirk update: her quirk is called absolute zero, while her touch and her body isn't that cold, when she's USING her quirk it is that cold. But it takes a while to spread and take effect, less then 5 minutes. So people like Shoto and Bakugo are able to nullify her quirk before getting injured. It spreads better if she's touching their bare skin, however in chapter 2 she only touches bakugos uniform sleeve, therefor it formed into ice and froze over his clothes. She is able to create ice like Shoto but it's not as big, but it's colder.
Not sure if I have to specify this or not, but just in case: she doesn't stutter because she's nervous, sometimes, but not all the time. She stutters because she can't help it. Not sure if there's a name for it...Continue!

In the early morning, when Y/n woke up at the crack of dawn. She stayed in bed for a few minutes, then got up when the sun leaked through her window onto the floor and/or bed.

Every morning she'd go downstairs, just to see her father knocked out on the couch and her three brothers playing video games. Despite their unhealthy habits and inability to clean after themselves, the house was clean 90 percent of the time. Of course, this is Y/n's doing.

But today, was worse than the others. The carpet looked to be stained with wine, beer bottles everywhere around the couch. It looked as if someone had a date, although there was no sign of a lady.

"C-can you g-guys help me—"

"Do it yourself—AH DUDE I TOLD YOU TO KILL HIM!" She sighed and started picking stuff up. The doorbell rang and Y/n went to get it but her brother rushed to the door.

"Hey, bab—WHO ARE YOU?!" He yelled at Izuku. Must've been expecting his girlfriend, how dare he invite her to a dump like this.

"Uh-I-i was looking for Y/n!" He scoffed and rolled his eyes, Y/n grabbed the door before Izuku could see the inside.

"Hi, w-what are you d-doing here?" Out of the two years they've known each other, he's never been inside her house. Although that wasn't why he was here, she hoped.

"I came here to tell you I was trying out for U.A!" Y/n didn't have a phone or any electronics. "Really?! T-Thats awes-some!"

"Do you wanna hang out? We can go to the—"

"I-I'm not a-allowed to, r-remember?" His face softened, then he looked back up and rubbed the back of his head and smiled awkwardly.

"Right! I forgot, sorry.." However, she offered to sit with him on the swing in the backyard patio. Midoriya was such a nice friend, sometimes all she wanted to do was hang out with him. Without her brothers and father breathing down her neck.

"I c-can't wait for w-winter!" Seasons dont effect her quirk, but when winter comes her brothers become...warmer? Are those the right words? She's the only one with an ice quirk. That doesn't mean she can't like how warm the house is in winter time.

"Y/n do you think it's a coincidence that you were born in December and have a ice quirk?"

"Huh, n-never t-though of t-that."

They spent about an hour out there, which felt like forever. She didn't want him to leave, but they'll see each other at school.

"Okay, bye!" And the door shut. Y/n turned around and sighed.

She wished she could try out for U.A, but her family isn't too fond of hero's...it sucks really. Their not villains but their also not hero's. She doesn't think there's a single hero in her family. She'd probably have to beg, or ask her mom. Which she really didn't want to do.

Maybe that's what made her so different from her family, her dads side at least. She's the only girl in her house, the only one with an ice quirk, and she wants to be a hero. While on her moms side, she's not so different. Her sister has an ice quirk too, but ever since she got sick, she hasn't been able to use it. Sometimes Y/n wondered if that's why she keeps over dosing.

She shouldn't even be here, she should be with her sister. Not here doing chores.

"What are you doing?" Her father rubbed his eyes, awaken from the bottles clanking together. "Cleaning." He rose from his spot on the couch and looked at Y/n with his gray, scarred eyes.

"Um, I-I was t-thinking, may-maybe I c-could try out f-for U.A, u-j-just the e-entrance e-exams." She walked to the kitchen, arms filled with beer bottles and dumped them in the trash.

"U.A? Really?" He didn't sound mad, or happy. She wasn't sure where this would go. Y/n started wiping off the table.

"Yeah, I-I w-want t-to be a h-hero." Her brothers burst out in laughter, her face deadpanned and her father showed no expression.

"Oh. Whatever, I don't mind."

"Really?!"

"Quiet, my head hurts." Excitement bubbled up inside her, about to burst like a balloon—if only she could text Izuku.

"Dad, you can't be serious—"

"I said quiet! Damn."

'U.A, how cool is that?! I just...need to pass the entrance exam first!!'