S3, EP 7: Irony

You've noticed that Izukus has been leaving in the middle of the night, if not the middle, then very late. Sometimes just before school starts. And when you can't sleep you'd follow him. Sure you could just ask him but what's the fun in that? He always goes to the front of the building, you always catch him training. Maybe Aizawa's class isn't enough, he's really working extremely hard to get his license.

Today was oddly different. You were watching him out the common room window, but he stopped training because someone approached him. You leaned forward and pressed your face against the window to get a better look.

'Todoroki?! What's he doing up?' You didn't even see him walk out.

"What are you doing?" You yelped and whirled around, it was just Bakugo. You let out a sigh. "N-nothing..." followed by an awkward chuckle. He quirked an eyebrow and glanced out the window.

"Ohh, you're watching Deku train aren't you?"

"N-no! What are y-you doing up a-anyway?! Isn't y-your bedtime eight?!" You turned around and huffed, they were still talking. If only you could hear.

"You're so defensive..." you turned all your attention back to them. "Why are you up Frosty?" But you just shrugged. "I can't s-sleep."

"Well the license exam is tomorrow! If you don't go to—" you started humming to ignore him, times like this when you didn't want to hear his complaints you'd just ignore him.

"You piss me off..." he mumbled before walking away, but he stopped as you called his name. "What?" He answered. You still stared out the window.

Hesitant to say what's on your mind. "Goodnight." It was too late to ask.

"Tch. Yeah, whatever, goodnight."

You weren't tired, but you knew you would be if you stayed up. What were you supposed to do?

Go for a walk, of course.

After the coast was clear, you put on a hoodie and began making your way down the cold, dim, street.

'Hopefully, there aren't any security cameras.' You thought.

A few moments later, you weren't sure how far you walked. But you were enjoying the silence. And as you predicted; you were tired now. Probably not tired enough to go to sleep. So you continued to walk.

Until you reached a bench, you sat down and your phone vibrated. 'Oh, it's Shoto?'

"Hey Y/n"

"Sup Sho :)"

It took him a while to reply, sometimes he'd just text you to know if you're awake. Sometimes you two would text all night. Texting was easier than talking.

The words that made it on the keyboard were just half of what he had to say.

"How are you feeling about the license exam?"

"Depends if I have to fight robots again or not"

"We should hang out sometime"

Shoto stared at his phone, why'd that give him butterflies? It's just a text. He didn't know how to reply to that.

"Yeah"

'Damn it.' He thought to himself. He wouldn't admit it, but these were the nights where he didn't feel okay. So he'd text Y/n. Whenever he did, she always seemed to make him feel better. But that's everyone, right?

'Now I'm really tired.' You thought as you rubbed your eyes. You got up and started walking again. You heard a faint noise, that you couldn't quite make out.

You ignored it, if it was someone they sounded far away.

You were so busy texting Sho that you didn't realize the stranger coming your way. He didn't seem to realize either and you two bumped into each other. Your phone fell onto the street and his hood fell off. It was a man (probably in his 20's) with light grayish-bluish hair. His face was all sorts of scarred and wrinkly.

"S-sorry." But he said nothing and just watched as you went to grab your phone from the middle of the street.

"Watch out." Was all he said, you saw lights. And grabbed your phone before jumping back. 'That was close.'

You turned around to say thank you but he disappeared. 'Where'd he go?'

Soon after that, a girl came running down the street. She stopped in front of you and you got a better look at her. She had ash-blonde hair in two buns, she wore a school uniform. "Have you seen a guy?! He has blue hair and he's very wrinkly!"

"H-he went th-that way..." you said, pointing down the opposite way. But the girl's shoulder was grabbed gently from behind—you recognized that guys face! From the store the night before the sports festival! He's not that hard to forget.

"Toga, you were given strict orders, don't go off socializing now." He said in a quiet voice. The girl just pouted. "Are you telling me what to do?" She prepared a knife in her hand.

'I wanna leave now...'

"I'm telling you to follow orders...you know what happens to people who like to interfere." They stared each other down for a few seconds, the girl retracted her knife and sighed dramatically. "If you want to be that way, hey what's your—" she turned to Y/n but she had already disappeared long ago.

"Damn it Dabi!"