S1, EP 8: I'm a Mess

Early dawn, the sun leaked through the window onto Y/n's face that rested on her notebook. She spent the whole night studying, and on FaceTime. Her phone died a few hours ago, and her pencil still rested in her hand. Her desk was comfortable to sleep at, must be the chair, but that doesn't mean she should.

The sun wasn't what woke her up, her brother bust through the door but it still wasn't that. He yelled at her to wake up, got frustrated when she replied in a snore. He punched her and she fell out of her chair and cried in pain. "Get up fucking f**!" Her nose bleed, she had fallen onto her basket and it cracked.

"Ow..." she cried, tears joined her blood and her brother angrily growled at her. "You're late!! I got yelled at because of you, get to school!!"

Y/n began her day by rushing to get herself together. Her brothers made her life no easier, he rushed her out of the shower. She didn't have time to brush her hair, she looked a mess.

"Hurry up!"

"I-I'm g-going!" She said frustratedly, slammed the door behind her, and ran down the street.

As she ran, she double-checked everything. Mornings like this weren't so easy. 'I put my phone on the charger so everything should be fine, Eh, I hope I'm not too late, I've already made a bad impression on Mr. Aizawa!"

Her running never stopped, she worked up a sweat after just arriving. No one was outside. She ran through the doors, down the hallway. So tired she was, she shouldn't have stayed up on a school night.

She quickly opened the classroom door, only to accidentally hit someone behind it. "Oh! I-I'm s-sorry!" She slapped her hands over her mouth. It was Uraraka, who now had a bloody nose because of her.

She heard Aizawa sigh, All Might clear his throat, some laughter amongst her peers. "You're late. Take her to Recovery Girl, but don't take too long, we have All Mights training exercise." She nodded, Uraraka got up. Y/n felt so bad.

The walk was deathly silent. "Um, I-I'm really s-s-sorry, by t-the way..." Uraraka looked at her, she didn't seem mad, but that wasn't enough to reassure her. "It's fine! It happens!"

And the rest of that...Y/n spoke no more.

They regrouped with the class, the chance to try on their hero costumes? That was awesome. The only problem was, Y/n didn't choose her hero costume. Not that she would've chosen anything revealing, she didn't need it. But her father's choice of attire felt fractured.

"Wow! Y/n, that looks cool!" Izuku exclaimed. Y/n wished she had a mask to hide her obvious blush. It was a giant jacket, it felt like. It was five times her size and went down to ankles. If she trips, it's not her fault! But it was a pretty light blue.

"Time to draw teams! Okay, let's see, the first one will be the heroes! And that is..." It felt like fate that Midoriya and Bakugo had to fight, and Y/n wasn't there to help. But this is U.A, Izukus is fine without her.

Then after that somewhat horrible match, it had to be the most entertaining one. But now Y/n's name was called.

"L/n and Uraraka as the hero's! Versus Todoroki and Shoji as the villain's!"

'Oh no.'

And...well, hopefully Y/n could focus.

Five minutes later, upon arrival, the two entered and the whole place was covered in ice. It didn't bother Y/n but Uraraka was freezing.

'I'll admit I can't do that, I don't know how to counter this. We'll just have to work through it!'

She wouldn't have noticed how cold Uraraka was if it wasn't for her pale face. And her hugging herself. Without a word, Y/n took her jacket and handed it to her.

"Huh-won't you need that to warm up?" Y/n shook her head. "You need it more, especially if we are to spit up." Uraraka blinked for a moment, her face turned a light shade of red, then she smiled and happily took her jacket.

"Thank you!"

'She didn't stutter, that must mean she's warming up to me!'