S1, EP 10: Your Monster Is My Monster

The door opened and closed, Y/n came in looking stressed as ever. Her head hung low and she sighed, it hadn't come to her mind that the classroom was empty. But someone stayed, perhaps the same reason she was here; to get away.

"L/n-Chan? What are you doing here?" It was just Izuku. She looked up where he sat in the far back left corner. With his arm bandaged and in a sling.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just annoyed." She walked over to him and sat next to him. A quiet sigh escaped her.

"Why are you annoyed?" He figured it must be something big. Y/n doesn't get annoyed easily, well that's what Izuku believes. Not that he's wrong, his observations are almost always correct.

"I don't know actually, everything just annoys me. Ya know?" She looked over at him, he raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, y-yeah I guess..." he looked away but she hadn't broken eye contact. Every now and then he'd glance over, she was still staring. At what exactly? His face.

"Are you okay?" She asked him with a clueless expression.

"Y-yeah! It's just you-your stutter it's—"

"What about it?" He immediately looked away when her face deadpanned.

"N-nothing! Never mind..." he's never heard her without it, not like this. Short sentences yes, but this felt different.

"It must be hard, ya know, your own quirk hurting you," she put her feet on the desk and played with a vacant pencil. "Does it hurt?"

"Uh, well my arm is pretty sore—"

"I meant One For All." She said ever so cooly. Izuku jerked his head at her, panic rose in his face.

"Y/n-Chan I couldn't tell you i—"

"It's fine, seriously," she looked at him with a small but genuine, reassuring smile. "I heard your conversation about it. And I understand! Well not fully, but it makes sense, ya know?"

"I-I guess...I'm sorry—"

"D-don't be sorry..." she rubbed her forehead, the rest of that moment was spent in pure silence. For about 2 minutes, Y/n got constant headaches.

"Izuku," he came out of his thoughts and looked at her, as she tapped the pencil on the desk repeatedly. "Have you ever...liked a girl?" She rested her head on her hand and looked at him.

"Uh, oh, um well...I guess?"

"And...w-what do y-you th-think about girls liking girls?" She looked away then.

"Oh, that's fine too! Why do you ask?" Much to his confusion, he got no response. She fully put her head down and looked the other way.

"Are you okay, L/n-Chan?" He went to tap her but she slapped his hand away. She pulled her head up and planted her hand on the desk. Her tears formed in her eyes and leaked onto the desk.

"N-no. I-i don't know wh-what to do..." she wiped her nose on her sleeve. Her tears turned into solid ice, she wiped them as they came and sniffed. "My-my brothers th-think I'm disgusting! And wh-when my-my sister found out—" she covered her mouth and looked at him with misty eyes, tearful and sad eyes. His heart almost crashed.

"Sh-she won't tal-talk to me.." Izuku felt so bad. How had he not known? Why didn't she tell him sooner? What should he say about a topic he doesn't know about?

"Y/n..." she kept wiping her frozen tears, annoyed at how uncontrollably they spilled. "N-no I'm d-disgusting and stupid! And—"

"Don't say that! You're not disgusting or stupid! Y/n it's normal, it's who you are, and your family can't change that!" He said in an inspiring tone, she looked at him. Her tears came to a stop, but still misty.

"B-but why does it feel wrong..." she mumbled, Izuku scooted his chair closer to her.

"I don't know...but it's—" he stopped talking when Y/n grabbed his shoulders and pulled him in, but didn't do anything else. "Uh, a-are you okay, L/n-Chan?!" He squeaked.

She then planted a soft, cold, gentle kiss on his lips. Izuku said nothing, but his face said all. "I-I st-still don't know if I only...like girls.." Izuku had enough resistance not to kiss her back, however, he wished it had lasted longer.

"I'm s-sorry.." there was that feeling in her stomach again, except this time it felt different and made her clench her stomach.

"Oh! Yeah, don't apologize!" He chuckled sheepishly. She looked up at him, her eyes so sad. To him, she feels less of a friend, more of a crush, but definitely a best friend.

"C-Can I... um, kiss you?" That must've been the boldest thing she's said to him, besides: "can I see your stomach?" Even then, she's always been...somewhat bold.

But Izuku had not replied, as he was beginning to lose himself in her eyes. Had he not felt this way he would've declined. He, himself, knows that he shouldn't. In order to help her, he mustn't let his feelings get in the—

"Oh—" she hit him with another kiss, on the cheek. It was chilling.

Annndd time to wrap up the series. So yeah hope you enjoyed this and I am ending it here.

I'm joking, but I have something to say. JUST BECAUSE THEY KISSED DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOING FAST. Listen, they've been friends for a while, so yeah Izuku hasn't discovered his romantic feels for her yet. This may sound like a spoiler, but it's only a spoiler if you haven't noticed it. They've been best friends for a while, that's why their relationship is developing faster than the others. I won't say no more, but when I said this wasn't a slow burn (description) I didn't mean it'd go super fast. But after writing so many stories I haven't published, I've written things like these so many times. The battle trial, sports festival, hideout raid, etc...I've written them all SO many times. I don't even have to go back to reference it—but anyways. What I'm trying to say is that I'm gonna skip some arcs, if they don't advance the plot, if they don't go with my characters—if I can't find a way to fit my character in—then I just won't write it. You already know what happens.

Did I go off topic? I hate doing that. I meant I'm gonna skip some arcs because this isn't a slow burn. But it's also not fast paced. I'm trying to advance her relationships one at a time, then when they come close together, they clash.