S3, EP 24: Happy New Year! (Not)

"I need to talk to you." It was serious, she knew that. But what part of her felt uneasy?

He brought her into the hallway, it was colder than the gym. It was quiet and eerie. Her stomach started making space for the pit growing in her stomach. That only happened when Bakugo got mad at her.

Then he broke the painful silence. "The police need to detain you for 48 hours," she opened her mouth to speak but he immediately interrupted her. "you're the suspect in a murder case."Don't worry."

"They're impatient and to keep this under wraps we need you to go quietly and calmly. Can you do that?"

And again, he interrupted her. "I know you didn't do anything."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And just like that, Y/n was sitting in the police station, staring at a mirror. She tapped the table and her foot. A murder suspect?! That was crazy! She hasn't done anything! She's been at the dorms!

She wondered how long she'd have to wait. Then the door opened and she straightened up. It was a man in a light brown trench coat and short black hair. He held a yellow file. A file that would make Y/n more anxious than she's ever been.

Then he threw the file on the table. "Nice dress, where'd you get it from?" But much to his suspicion, she gave no reply and scratched her nose.

"Okay, if you won't open it," So he opened it, and tossed pictures on the table. It wasn't as bad as she thought. Just a man with short brown hair, plain-looking, looked mean. "Do you recognize him?"

She hesitated. "H-he t-talked t-to me and m-my friend a-at th-the mall." She said quietly. "Okay, this is him now." He placed another picture. The same guy with a bullet wound through his head. "What did he say to you?"

"Ugh damn f*gs,"

Don't say anything.

"I-I don't kn-know..."

"You don't remember gunshots? People screaming? What about your friend?"

"Y/n! Come on! You can't stay there!"

She winced as the memories came and went. Still fuzzy. "Sh-she told me t-to come on..." She shifted in her seat.

"Okay, they searched your dorm, you know," He placed another picture, a gun-a revolver if we are being specific. "Now, why does a U.A student have a gun, hidden in a safe, under their bed? Unless it was for personal, illegal reasons?" She shifted again.

"I-i d-don't kn-know, s-sir..." She doesn't know anything anymore.

"You don't know? So it just walked there right?" He put another picture in front of her. This time, it was of her dresser. The back of it ripped and the inside contained a bag. Then tossed another picture. The bag had...a needle.

"Do you do drugs?" She shook her head. "N-no!" She placed her head in her hands and repeatedly rubbed her face.

"Hey," he tapped her on the shoulder. "Do you know what Dilaudid is?" He raised an eyebrow. She looked up with tears glazing over her eyes. "N-no..."

"It's a narcotic, L/n, it's supposed to help with the pain!" He slammed the file on the table, she flinched and her eyes flickered away. "What pain are you having?!" She fiddled with her hands as if she was washing them.

"Okay, that's still not enough to crack you...listen, we have 48 hours! Not enough evidence and if we don't find anything, we're going to have to release a murder!"

"N-no...I-I'm n-not..." she had tears falling on the table. Her head ached and ached. Her heart was running away. She felt as if she took a hit to the head. Way too scared to ask for water.

Then she heard him sit down. "If you're not, then prove it and help us find who did." Which was easier said done.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And of course, the mystery couldn't remain secret for long. Aizawa came back without her.

Of course, he had to tell them she was detained. But All might had to take over Aizawa's class, he had to be...elsewhere.

It's going to be fine, Y/n, we'll get through this. Nothing will stop us.

She rubbed her hands repeatedly, as she had been doing for the last hour. Since the man left, she hasn't been able to calm down. She can't sleep like this, not after knowing she can't remember what happened at the mall.