S2, EP 17: Campfire

Y/n sat down next to Izuku, everyone gathered around. Shoto refused to light the campfire after Mina called him a human lighter. He didn't find it funny but everyone else did.

Y/n and Izuku hadn't told anyone about their...relationship. But they have been acting weird lately. He can look uncomfortable sometimes, and extremely red.

She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, she suddenly felt something warm hit her face, it was fire—warming up the chilling night. Her brother lit the fire by just touching the log and sat down on the seat next to hers. Further away but next to Mina.

"Hey, nerd," Bakugo said, Izuku turned around so fast that Y/n's head fell forward. "Sorry—yeah?"

"I want to talk to you." His eyes flicked from Y/n to Izuku. His face was serious as ever, maybe a hint of sadness too.

Izuku followed him up the hill. Where they had hiked earlier. Izuku jumped at every single sound as Bakugo led him until he felt it was right to stop.

They stopped at a large cedar tree, Bakugo turned around and punched Izuku.

"What did I do?!" He couldn't stand Izukus innocent expression. And because he didn't want to ruin the mood down there he brought him up here. Where he was free to punch and kick him.

"Are you dating her?" His eyes went wide, Bakugo clenched his fists and looked down. His breaths became sharp and uneasy.

"Uh, w-well yeah..."

"So...you knew? You knew and you-you still did it?"

"Wh-what are you talking about Kacchan?" The second Katsuki looked up he swung his fist and hit Midoriya in the face again. Izuku stumbled back and he grabbed him by the collar.

"You knew! You knew I liked her and you STILL did it! YOU KNEW ALL ALONG! This was just some stupid thing to get back at me!! WASN'T IT?!" Izuku looked at him with terror, Bakugo shook him a few times.

"I-I didn't know that Kacchan!"

"YES YOU DID! I BROUGHT HER FLOWERS! I SAW YOU! I BROUGHT HER FLOWERS GOD DAMN IT!" In the spur of the moment, Bakugo shoved him and pushed him to the floor. Where he was on the edge. This is the first time he's seen Katsuki cry.

"I WAS GOING TO TELL HER!! S-SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO MINE!! Not yours! She never would've got hurt if she was with me!" He wiped his face on his sleeve. He felt his heart breaking more than ever, he had lost the only person he cared for. And all to...him.

"Kacchan..."

"I-I was supposed to be the one...not you!" He felt way too many things at once. Izuku stood up and Katsuki attacked again. He tried to push him off the edge but Izuku wasn't budging.

"IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE YOU!"

~Three Minutes Earlier~

"See! It's not that bad, is it?" Uraraka giggled as she looked at Y/n's disgusted face. She told Y/n to try a burnt marshmallow but she just wasn't feeling it.

"Y-yeah, I d-don't like it." She spit it out on a napkin and dried her mouth. But Uraraka spotted some on the side of her mouth. Without thinking, she took her thumb and wiped it off.

There's always this feeling when the two are ever so close to each other. Like a small spark, more from Uraraka than Y/n. She just never felt like this before.

Her face suddenly turned to panic, a scream caught their attention. "Izuku!"

Y/n stood up and bolted in his direction. He was falling from the cliff, and she feared she might not make it in time.

She shot Uraraka forward with her quirk, she had no time to think. As cold as she was, Uraraka began to lose moment and slapped Izuku across the face.

Just before he hit the ground, she was sent crashing into the mountain and Izuku fell softly on the grass.

Y/n caught up, Uraraka unconscious, and Izuku froze with the fear of falling to his death. She lifted up his head, he was so dazed and his face in terror, shock.

"A-are you o-okay?!" He moaned a little noise. She hugged him as tight as she could. Everyone came racing over, that had happened so fast. Y/n's heart was beating out of her chest.

"What happened?!" Lida rolled over the unconscious Uraraka, hopefully, she didn't have a concussion. Hopefully, they'd both be okay.

Y/n looked up at Katsuki, still looking down in terror of the fear he instilled. That's when she knew, her face grew angry.

"What's wrong with you?!"