S5, EP 2: The Fresh Start

No one was quite sure how Y/n escaped, but she did. She left behind a possible life, her own flesh and blood and felt no remorse.

Twelve months later she recovered and could walk without becoming winded, she could finally start looking for a job. She was in the same city as before, however, she had switched up her looks, gained some weight, unintentionally, and started hitting the gym, she changed her name once more and was beginning to become better at concealing her identity. While doing so, she had developed a new alter, unknowingly of course, but he was quite a problem.

Y/n had cut her hair as it had grown to an unbearable length, she started to wear makeup so that she wasn't as noticeable. Recently, she had dyed her hair F/c (Favorite color), which drastically changed the shape of her face and complimented her looks. She had felt like a brand new person and she loved it. She hadn't switched in months because there was nothing to trigger one, she was happy, for once.

She went back to school to get her GED, and graduated a welding school. After that she got a job at a close welding place that was near her apartment. She had got her life together in a few months, it was hard but she had done it. She cleaned up her mess and started new, she was right where she wanted to be.

Her routine ran something like this. Every morning when she got up around 8 Am she would make her bed, drink water and get dressed before going out and walking to a nearby restaurant to get her usual. This was almost every day, only so she could chat with the attractive waitress. She only works Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, which is perfect for Y/n because she only works weekdays.

Today she wore a red shirt and some jeans because it was Monday. It was also very gloomy so she brought a jacket in case it rained. She was walking towards the store and entered. The bell rung delightfully as she made her way to the front counter, she was seated and a few minutes later the waitress came with her cute little pink notepad and her pink apron that Y/n found so cute.

"Hello! What will it be today?" She asked this every day even though it was the same thing, Y/n hadn't even glanced at the menu, she looked up from her r phone and smiled.

"Uhh maybe the Taiyaki and the fluffy pancakes today?" The waitress raised her eyebrows and smiled.

"I love the pancakes! They're super light and fluffy—oh god they're so good! Do you want one or two servings because they're pretty big—like the size of the plate!"

"I'll just take one—and a cup of milk, please." The waitress smiled as she wrote it down. "Thank you, Uraraka." Y/n said as the brown haired girl smiled and walked away.

The last time I had mentioned Uraraka she was in a very depressed state, remember? Things are different now, it had been over a year since then. Uraraka had lifted herself out of that Darkness and graduated strong. She was a hero now, but still worked part time at this little restaurant. She could do this because her face was often hidden behind a pink and white mask, not many people knew her true identity. She was recognized by her mask and her long brown hair. Y/n recognized her by her sweet face and how good she looked in pink.

Y/n sat quietly at her booth working quietly on her phone.

One thing Y/n liked about her new life was that no body knew her, she wasn't known as anything anymore. It was a fresh start, a new step towards freedom but a step back from her true love. She was so unrecognizable that even her love didn't notice her. However, she would often use this towards her advantage. Some would say she was abusing it.

After a few minutes of Y/n doing some online work, the waitress came back with two plates and a tall glass of milk, she sat it on the table in front of her and as she did so she had flexed her arm to not drop the tray. Y/n had noticed little things about her, like she always had the same side of her hair tucked behind her ear, and the same hair clip everyday that she never forgot to wear. This may be because she saw sentimental value in things.

The pancakes where the most thick she had ever seen, nearly the size of a cake and when she pressed on it, it was like memory foam and very satisfying to watch.

"There you are, I hope you enjoy it and pease let me know how you like it."

Y/n wasn't sure what to do with this huge cake. "Um Thanks but—" Uraraka walked away before she could finish, Y/n sighed as she cut open the pancake. It was super fluffy and light and smelled great, and she was sure if she wasn't in a restaurant she would absolutely destroy it.

She looked up when the bell rung again, before she could walk out she saw Uraraka walking towards the door as she untied her apron and a man walked in. Though she couldn't hear their conversation, it had piqued her interest. She watched them talk and Uraraka smiled brighter than ever. She was glowing! She didn't glow when she talked to Y/n, she thought she did, but this was something different.

Y/n felt a pit in her stomach as she watched from a far. With each movement, each arm touch and smile making the pit deeper and deeper. Then, they kissed. and Y/n felt a great sickness. The pit exploded and she felt her heart almost shatter, her mind filled with blanks here and there. For a moment, she wasn't here. She was in a place far far away, each second she strayed further away from reality. The image replayed in her head like an intrusive thought. She could no longer think anymore, it had destroyed her. Each second into the future was a stab in her heart.