S1, EP 4: Entrance Exams

Only a few months after that, anyone could say how much Y/n and Izuku worked. She came to school sweating every day, sometimes she even came with a black eye, bloody nose. Only lord knows what she was doing.

Today, however, was the day of the entrance exams. And nothing will stand in her way of—

"Ask your mom, I'm not driving you." Except that. He laid back down on the couch, Y/n frowned.

"B-but m-moms at w-work!"

"Ask your sister."

"S-shes in r-recovery!"

"Then you drive Y/n! Damn!"

"I'm fifteen.." she looked at her brothers, who just shook their heads.

'This is ridiculous!'

And so, her walk to U.A began. Not that she hated walking, but it would take a while to get there and she'd probably be late. So she started running. She can go a while before running out of breath. The more she sweats, the cooler she gets. However, everyone has limits.

'Oh my god, my chest hurts—oh I made it!' She wiped her chilling sweat and joined the crowd. The excitement has yet to disappear. She looked around for her green-haired friend, no sign of him yet. But she won't let that bring her confidence down.

"I don't know if I'll get in though..." he said sadly, she wrapped an arm around him, making him shiver. "You will! And if you don't, then I guess we're both not going to U.A." "What?! No Y/n you can't do that! Do you know how hard it is to get accepted?!"

She looked around once more, walking around to see if he was here. 'There he is!' She spotted him and ran that way. She accidentally bumped into someone on the way and fell, before someone had lightly touched her and she started floating.

"Woah..." she got back to her feet and turned to face the brown-haired girl with rosy cheeks. "Sorry for using my quirk without your permission! Are you okay?"

Y/n was speechless, her mouth just dropped as she stared. "Uh-I'm-I-I-uh-I..." Y/n's had turned a shade of red, very noticeable on her pale skin, and there was this feeling inside of her. "Yeah!" She squeaked and ran away. She could've sworn she was about to have a heart attack.

Turns out, it wasn't Izuku. He came later than she did. But he made it! That got her mind off that feeling.

"Y/n are you okay?! You're so red!" She quickly nodded as he scanned her up and down, his eyes landed on her shoes and he gasped. "Woah! You're wearing the shoes I got you for your birthday!" They were the same as his, although a bit big they were comfortable.

"Y-yep! I uh, g-got t-them back f-from my b-brother." She weakly smiled and looked away.

It's a good time to point out Y/n was pretty nervous. She rarely ever uses her quirk to fight, and there was no telling what the practical would be like.

One minute, she was in the auditorium sitting between Izuku and Katsuki and telling Bakugo to shut up. The next minute, she was in front of the gates. About to start the test. She was shaking, not because she was cold, because she was nervous.

Izuku caught onto this a little too well. She was breathing so sharp and heavy that you could see it.

And soon enough, it started. Everyone raced forward, suddenly Izuku saw no sign of Y/n.

She was worried about her quirk not spreading fast enough, giant robots, versus her quirk. Who knows what could happen.

She spotted a three-pointer, but someone got to it before she did. It exploded and a piece fell down next to her. 'I can use that!' Bakugo smirked at her and ran off. She froze the piece of metal and picked it up.

Next was a two-pointer, she attacked it by throwing the frozen metal at it. The robot was impaled and fell down to the floor. She picked a bigger piece up, froze it, and attacked the next robot.

And she did it over and over again, she was starting to run out of breath. 'Just a few more! I'm not keeping count,' She looked at her hand, covered in frost. She's reached her limit, she'll just have to work without it now.

She came to a stop, spotted a big crowd and Izuku. Her breath hitched, as she tried to catch her breath. She looked up, and a giant robot started rising out of the ground. Biggest of them all, the zero pointer it must be.

At first, she wasn't worried. But someone had been caught under the rubble—that girl that helped her earlier. 'Oh no,' Izuku wasn't able to move, due to fear.

The robot moved toward them, Izuku had spotted the girl and suddenly started moving. Much to Y/n's confusion, he lunged forward—something was powering him, besides motivation. Like a..quirk maybe? No way, he's...quirk less.

'Not anymore?' He smashed the robot with his fist, a huge shock wave releasing.

He started falling to his doom, legs and arm broke. Y/n ran to catch him, but the girl had—slapped him? And he floated, before falling softly to the floor.

"Izuku!" She ran up to him and rolled him on his back, he was just barely conscious. "Are you mad at me?" But to his surprise, she shook her head.

"W-why w-would I b-be mad?" But she got no response as he passed out, she laid her hand on his forehead and cooled him off.

"Move out of the way now! Coming through!" Y/n got up, she looked at the girl caught under the rubble. 'Oh right.'

She lifted the stuff off of her with the little strength she had. "A-are y-you o-okay?"