S2, EP 12: Flames

Today was a day like no other. Y/n had an undecided hero name. Not sure what to pick, she left it blank. Even with Midnight's suggestions, none of them felt right.

So for now just call her Y/n!

She walked behind Shoto into the big building. Except he stopped just before turning the doorknob. Y/n bumped into him and took a few steps back. "Hm?"

"Why did you choose my—Endeavors agency?" He asked, not turning around.

"I don't know...I-I guess I th-thought he could teach me about th-these flames." 'Cold flames..'

He nodded and said nothing else. They walked inside, she followed him until they reached a room where Endeavor stood, waiting for them.

First he greeted Shoto, who had to make it very clear it was his decision to come. Then he greeted Y/n, but he held his hand out to her.

"I'm sorry about Karuma, she was a very sweet person." Y/n's eye twitched as she smiled back, she shook his hand with a very weak smile.

"Now, let's not waste any time..."

This was it? They just arrive and immediately start looking for the hero killer? This felt illegal...What if something goes wrong?!

'Hero killer...I've heard of him.'

Y/n changed into her hero costume. Which had a bit of an update. The color was a bit darker. And because of Y/n's new found quirk, the coat was buffed up and is no longer a coat. But a long-sleeved black suit underneath, on top, was a light greenish-bluish vest. Something casual, that made her look like a civilian.

Whilst walking into Hosu city, Shoto suddenly caught a glimpse of Y/n's worried and anxious expression. She immediately looked away, her hair fell in her face and she was texting someone on her phone. He heard her keyboard clicking.

He wanted to calm her but with his father there it felt out of the moment.

She was texting Izuku, he wasn't responding though. She's aware he's busy...she just...can't help herself.

She muttered a bunch of stuff. He then lightly tapped her shoulder, which was enough to startle her. She looked at him with a terrified expression. The two slowed down, just a little bit.

"Why are you so worried?" He saw her slightly shaking.

"Oh, uh, I-I'm n-not w-worried I-I'm j-just s-sl-slightly a-anxious..." she shuttered and looked back down at her phone.

"There's nothing to be worried of. You're safe here, I can't promise after we meet Stain—" Y/n screamed as she was swept up by a monster. A Nomu with wings.

Y/n was scared for her life, tears fell and were left in the sky. Shoto tried to go after her, but his father stopped him.

"What are you doing?! We have to go after her it's going to hurt her!!" He yelled, Endeavor ignored him and listened for the chaos, he heard screams from a few miles away.

"Let her handle it herself."

"But—" Endeavor dismissed him with a finger and watched as the Nomu dragged Y/n through the sky. And she just let it. Whenever she needed it, Shoto was ready to act.

'Ah! I need to do something!' Y/n's body went up in black flames, it spread to the monster and froze in the sky. Y/n started falling to her doom, and as she presumed, Shoto came to save her. He ran up his ice ramp he was still making, he jumped and caught her midair.

They fell, Shoto hit his head and groaned. He could've sworn his skull cracked—maybe his spine too.

Y/n landed on top of him—not the way you think though. She was between his legs. Her head landed on his stomach, her hands were on his chest. And although she was perfectly conscious, Shoto still took the fall, and all because of that, he now has a major throbbing pain in his head. His ears rang horribly.

"H-hey!! Sh-sh-Shoto?! A-a-are y-you o-okay?!" She was frustrated, she knew exactly what she wanted to say but couldn't say it without stuttering. And now that her heart raced beyond her control it got worse.

Slowly, he began to slip. His headache was so persistent, he was so dizzy—he should be up, he should be helping. His phone is ringing, but the ringing in his ears was louder. 'It hurts...I have to get up...'

He propped himself up on his elbows, he softly sighed and opened his tired eyes. His eyes went wide when he found Y/n in his face. Had he not heard her? She wasn't talking, she looked more worried than she was earlier.

"S-sorry..." she got up and took a few steps back. He was too out of his mind to say anything, or even acknowledge how close she was.

She held her hand out, which he gladly took. She helped him back to his feet, he had trouble standing and was a bit wobbly.

Just then, Y/n was holding Shoto steady when a deafening, violent explosion was released. They had watched it go into the sky and spread across. Endeavor was gone and Nomu were flying across the sky. They spotted his fire and some rubble around the place.

"Oh d-dear..." Y/n mumbled. "I-is he gonna—"

"He'll be fine, an explosion can't hurt him." Shoto's phone pinged, he answered it.

"Oh, it's Midoriya."