chapter 12

Sitted next to him on the edge of the hospital bed, afrah stare at her uncle staring and admiring every feature in his face, it's been 48hours since she rushed him to the hospital and the doctor assure her he will be fine he just has a high dosoge of cocaine and other drugs in his body.

She entwine her hand with his and keep her head on the small space on the bed, she feel really exhausted she hasn't have a sound sleep since that day.

From his blurry vision jalal see the white paint wall and he do know he's in the hospital, the oozing smell of the sanitizing and other chemicals that hospital do always smell like hit his nose and he try sitting up but something hold his hand making him to look over.

"Afrah." He say in a whisper as he reminisce about what happened making him to sigh.

He stare at her wondering why she lied about the pregnancy, now that he look closely at her she has alot of common things with his wife, the nose and how straight and heavy her eyebrows look there isn't  much different with his wife, he try removing his hand and afrah wake up.

"Uncle j." Afrah say sitting upright as a yawn escape her mouth .

"How you feeling?" She ask with a weak smile and he humm in response.

"You've been out for 48hours." Afrah say and jalal look at her.

"Did your aunt called?" He ask and afrah shake her head as the door open.

"Oohhh Mr jalal.
How are you feeling now?" The doctor ask and jalal node.

The doctor do some examination and advice jalal on the effect of substance abuse as he advice him for a therepy section which ofcrse jalal decline shutting the doctor up by saying he doesn't know a shit about his life .

"Uncle j should i bring you food?
I prepared your favorite potatoes porridge." Afrah say with a smile looking at jalal who chuckle.

"That's not my favorite afrah,
I hate that shit it shouldn't even be part of dishe." Jalal say and look up at afrah who smile.

"Yeah i agreed with you,
I don't understand why they make it into a thick paste just to called it porridge it's disgusting." Afrah say with a node as jalal stare at her, he don't know why he isn't angry with her rather he has pity for her,
She reminds him of his junior sister,
he can't imagine her going through same fate, jalal knows very well he wouldn't think twice before killing anyone that impregnate his sister.

"Who's the father?" Jalal ask making afrah to sigh as she stare at the hospital white tiles.

"Afrah did someone raped you...again?" Jalal ask staring at her,
"You know why i will stop drinking?
It's because of you, I can't remember raping you afrah but anytime i think about me doing something disgusting like that to someone same age with khadijah I feel  stupid, khadija was just a girl and they did what they have to do to her and i couldn't even protect her as a brother everyday i wake up with that and I know it will forever be in my heart." Jalal say with a pause.
"Your aunty she's my everything,
You know why?
It's because she was with me when everyone left me, lailah was with me when the world let me to suffocate in my own guilt." Jalal say with a heavy breathe.

"Have you eaten?" He ask and afrah shake her head.

"No." Afrah say in a whisper.

"You haven't?
Did you know the father of the baby?" Jalal ask and afrah shake her head making him to look at her confused.

"You don't?
Afrah can you confide in me and tell me what happened?
I promised you i will avenge whoever do that to you?" Jalal say and afrah shake her head with a bitter smile as she wipe her tears.

"Nobody is responsible uncle j.
It's nobody baby, I don't know why i did what i did,
I was stupid to even think that way.
i thought maybe after i told you I'm pregnant you would sort of like it since you don't have a child of your own." Afrah say wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"You know when i was young it was only me and my sister my mum died after giving birth to her and my dad was a drug addict or should i say drug lord, he sold drugs and use drugs he do any sort of bad things you know, women trafficking and all that so he barely have time for us, we had everything we want but we don't have love and time, we see our own dad two time in a month and it's always stupid to me we barely know our own dad.
November 20 1995 on our way back from school we gat kidnapped and that was when everything happened.
I have to watch my sister been raped in my presence, do you know the most painful part?
She was just 5years sound crazy right but they did it and she was calling my name to help her but i was there but couldn't do anything, they killed her and i was watching as they decapitated and cut every part of her body in my presence, I was 15 but couldn't save her, we have to pay the price and mistakes of our father."jalal say and flick away the tears threatening to come out of his eyes.

" what about your dad?"afrah ask and jalal chuckle.

"He's in the federal prison in the U.S he was arrested and find guilty to alot of dirty things just two weeks ago i got a called that he commited suicide." Jalal say with shrug as if its nothing and he look up at afrah.

"Where you raped?" Jalal ask and afrah shake her head.

"Then who's the father?" Jalal ask and afrah sigh as she explain everything to jalal who give his full attention to her wondering how crazy and stupid it was for afrah to do something like that.

Drop your comments and vote.