chapter 26

Staring at his wife jalal brush the strand of hair from her face as he kiss the back of her hand, jalal knows that single unexpected call is going to change there happy life it's something he have to deal with he wished her sister don't have to leave soo soon but death always have a way of surprising people but what bothers jalal is the fact that Afrah is going to have to stay with them maybe forever because he do know how kindhearted his wife is and she won't hesitate to take in afrah as her daughter he know is pathetic of him to think this way just after his sister in-law death but jalal knows that's just the harsh reality of what is going to happen and if afrah have to continue living with them it won't be long before a havoc take upon there happy family.

"Baby." Lailah say in a whisper as she flutter her eyes open making jalal head to snap down at her.

"Honey.
Are you okay." Jalal ask with a weak smile as his wife breakdown making him to path her gently on the head.

"We will go through this together,
I'm always here for you." Jalal say as he continue whispering soothing words into his wife ear, it hurt him soo badly to see his wife soo vulnerable he wish there's something he can do to take away the pain but he knows there's nothing he can do he just have to support her as much as he can.

"I need to go and be with sadiq he needs someone to be there with him." Lailah say with a sniff as she try sitting up and jalal help her by placing a pillow behind her back.

"I will go with you,
Baby we will go through this together." Jalal say holding her hand and she smile weakly at him and wipe the tears with the back of her hand.

"I know baby.
But you need to stay with afrah,
She will need someone to be there with her when she wakes up." Lailah say and look up at her husband.

"Honey the nurses will take care of afrah, I have to be there for you please, afrah will be fine she's in good hands ." jalal say in persuasion but Lailah shake her head.

"I trust afrah only with you,
Jalal please do this for me,
Afrah lost her mother she will need someone to relay on,
She needs much more support than me please." Lailah say and jalal sigh knowing very well there's no way he could ever escape from this.

"If that is what you want then your wishe shall be granted Mrs jalal." He say playfully and Lailah smile with a chuckle as she wipe her tears making him to frown at her.

"Can you call Simon maybe there's a flight that's about to board so i can go." Lailah say and jalal blow some air through his mouth.

"Baby you need to rest, you can go tomorrow, the first morning flight." Jalal suggest and lailah shake her head.

"It's just 1pm how can i have peace of mind knowing my nephew is all alone there grieving for his mother,
she was my only family jalal,
There's nothing more important than been there right now." Lailah say and jalal node.

"OK.
I will call simon but you need to go home and maybe freshen up before the flight, I will drop you at the airport and then come back to the hospital to wait for afrah to wake up." Jalal explain and his wife smile.

"I love you j.
You are the best and thank you for always been there for me." Lailah say and jalal node.

"I love you lailah and i will do anything for you if it's going to make you happy." Jalal say and lailah sigh.

"You know i do appreciate you right j,
I appreciate all your effort to make me happy." Lailah say and jalal smile.

"Okay baby.
Enough with the compliment you have a flight to catch." Jalal say as he help her up from the bed.

He remove his phone and go through his contact before clicking on Simon contact, after what seems like forever simon assure them there's a flight leaving in 2hours time.

*******
Pain isn't enough word to describe how afrah is feeling, fluttering her eyes open from her blurry vision she could see the white paint walls the beeping monitor doesn't help much to her headache, closing her eyes shut she sigh as the unnecessary noise fill the the room.

"How are you feeling ma'am?" A nurse ask and afrah look up to the young looking girl who's having one of the fake smile she ever seen, it reminds her of those people that hate there job.

"I'm fine just this slight headache." Afrah say and the nurse node as she tap whatever on the notepad.

"That will go soon the doctor prescribed some medication for you and you will be alright before you know it,
Just have some rest your family will come in to check on you right away." The nurse say and exit the room making afrah to sigh in relief.

Afrah doesn't regret poisoned the pancake she just regret not keeping the plan to make sure her aunt be the victim, she hoped nobody suspect anything, she will just have to come up with one giant lie to cover up to how and why she ate the poison.
The hospital door open and surprisingly her uncle is the one that comes in making her brow to furrow in confusion.

Afrah watch as the very man she admire and love walk inside the room, he close the door and sit on the chair facing directly to her bed.

"You know what they say about Karma,
Evil can never overpowered good,
You poisoned the pancakes afrah,
You did that to hurt my wife,
What exactly is wrong with you,
Lailah is your aunt she loves you with all her heart but you.....
I don't exactly know what to describe you, you are an insensitive, evil and ....you don't have emotions." Jalal say looking at afrah with soo much hate and disgust.

"I did all that because i love you.
Can't you s.......afrah try saying but jalal laughter thunder around the hospital room making her to keep quiet.

" that isn't Love afrah,
That's an unhealthy sick obsession,
You need a psychiatrist , you are mentally unstable you need help."yell to her face and afrah snort.

" I don't care uncle j.
I love you and if i can't have you then no one will, I love you can't you see how much i care about you, the sacrifices I'm willing to make to be with you. "Afrah say trying to touch jalal but he swat her hand away.

" sacrifices.
You try to kill my wife and you call that a sacrifice,
get this straight you psycho,
lailah is the only woman in my life now and forever, wake up from this delusional, hallucination whatsoever because i jalal can never be with you it's a fact and it will never change,
Get some help you are fucking sick up there."jalal say pointing at her head.

"I love y.....

" By the way your mum passed away,
She died this morning and i hope that will be a wake up call for you to try and stop all this sick obsession of yours. "Jalal say and storm out of the hospital room.

Drop your comments and vote.

3863-0884-2654 Be the first to comment and stand a chance to receive the last 5 digit for your free airtime.

Add up my other books and enjoy the 2022 airtime giveaway.

Keep commenting and win.