chapter 47

Afrah

Weekend used to be the best day of my life but that changes and i have never anticipated for Monday to come soo fast, uncle jalal sure is turning from charming and awesome to dubious and diabolical, I feel really bad for my aunt that she have to go through this,
It was a relief that he try to stay clear away from my bedroom because I'm not ready for stupid shit like whatever, I spend the weekend in my bedroom because i was afraid that if i come out my uncle will want to do something to upset my aunt, the few times i left my room i ended up watching a boring movie that I'm not interested in, the man literally ask me to sit next to him not bothering the fact that my aunt was infact right next to him with no choice i have to sit it was the most boring and annoying moment of my life, putting on my NYSC uniform i sing along the music playing in my phone , once I'm done i head downstairs I'm really running late today.

The noise coming from the kitchen is a sign my aunt is already awake making me to sigh in relief I'm seriously hungry.

"Good morning aunty." I greet gaining my aunt attention making her to turn from the stove.

"Morning Afrah,
How was your night ?" She greet and I node with a smile.

"Fine,
Do you need help with anything?" I ask and she shake her head.

"Just arrange this on the dinning table."my aunt say and I grab the plates from the island.

I begin arranging it on the dinning and there's a sound coming from the staircase, I don't bother to look up because i know who they belong to.

" why are you all dressed up?"the familiar voice ask and i turn from the dinning table.

"I'm going to work." I say confused and he literally scan my outfit before his eyes land in mine.

"Your worked place gave you two weeks off, you won't be dressing like that to work henceforth." He say and i snort.

"I'm going to work," I grumble and head to the kitchen.

My aunt give me a curious look and i shake my head, my uncle enter the kitchen making her to turn from what she's doing.

"Good morning." My aunt greet and he glance at her before turning his attention to the fridge.

"Morning." He say grabbing a case of water and exit the kitchen.
I help my aunt set the table and we all sit have our breakfast.

***********
"Afrah.
Why do you let lailah do all the chores?"jalal ask half way the breakfast making Lailah to look up from her food.

" ha......lailah try saying but jalal shut her.

"I'm speaking to Afrah not you,
Why do you let lailah do all the chores ?" Jalal ask staring at Afrah who look up from the plate of her breakfast.

"Uhmmm..
Sorry." Afrah say not knowing what to say from the look on jalal face she knows he's serious.

"I don't care if Lailah is your aunt,
You both are my wives and everyone will do as i say henceforth,
Afrah you are going to start the house chores from today, I don't know how this work but i want you to cook lunch this afternoon." Jalal say making Lailah to stare at him.

Lailah fear that jalal is taking this things too far, she don't want believe that her husband really do want to take Afrah as his wife beside he didn't spend the night with afrah so she's positive he's just doing all this to toture her.

"I'm not going anywhere this week so i was thinking we stay indoor and do some family bonding." Jalal suggest and neither afrah nor her aunt say a single word.

"Well,
Since we are done with the breakfast,
How about we clear up the table and do the chores together?" Jalal suggest making Afrah to look at her aunt.

"I'm going to the restaurant." Lailah say and jalal shrug.

"Suit yourself because i didn't permit that."jalal say and lailah turn her gaze baffle at jalal.

" why are you doing all this jalal,
Afrah is my niece for goodness sake,
Why are you making this difficult for me?
I said I'm sorry,
I apologize several times without number,
This girl is like a daughter to me,
If you are tired of this marriage just say it and i will leave your house for you."lailah yell frustratedly at jalal who give her a bored look.

"I'm not the one that slept with the security guy,
Plus i told you lailah,
I warned you that if you let me marry your niece I'm not divorcing her,
You think I'm doing all this to avenge what you did to me or something,
I'm getting married to move on,
To forget what you did to me lailah,
Your niece she's a nice girl and if i fall in love with her eventually there's nothing you can do about that because she's my wife,
If you don't want to stay you can leave but don't make things difficult for me." Jalal warn angrily making lailah breakdown and run upstairs crying.

Afrah just stand by the dinning table confuse, she's still trying to process all that happened, she can't be her uncles wife it's impossible he's her auntys husband.

"Shall we?" Jalal ask snapping Afrah out of her daydreaming.
He hand her the plates and she collect them rushing to the kitchen with jalal trailing behind her.

"Go and remove this uniform,
I will start helping you with the chores,
come down immediately,
don't stay long." Jalal say loading the plates into the dishwasher afrah just node and literally sprint out of the kitchen making jalal to Chuckle at her infantile behavior.

Jalal doesn't understand why lailah think he's going to eventually divorce afrah, it's the dumbest thing for her to ever think of, he do made of his mind even do Lailah didn't let him marry afrah, whoever it is that he would marry she's coming to stay with him as a wife just like lailah, it's better she keep it in mind that Afrah is her rival and his wife.

Drop your comments and votes.

If i hear pim i will drop another chapter again.

Lailah you need to calm down and think rational.

I love you all.

Do check my other book
Distasteful desires.