chapter 13

Rushing out of his bedroom jalal pick his phone as he try fixing his tie, he knock on the door and after two knock without response he click open the door.

"Afrah." He called and switch on the bedroom light.
"Huh.
What is wrong with you?" Jalal ask dropping his office bag on the couch as he sit on edge of the bed.

"I don't know i can't stop vomiting." Afrah grumble sighing tiredly, making jalal to blow out some air through his mouth, as his eyes land on tue yesterday uneaten dinner by the bed.

"I will just call doctor henry to come over,
Lemme make tea for you." Jalal say and remove his jacket.

"Please uncle j some noodles will be fine." Afrah say more like whisper making jalal to chuckle as he exit the bedroom.

After afrah explained to jalal how she ended up carrying a fatherless fetus jalal agreed to accept the pregnancy to be his,
so nobody would blame her for the mistake, he do always take of afrah needs all the time, he do treat her like the sister he never had the chance to which afrah on the other hand try her best not to past the boundaries so she won't end up losing the slightest attention he always pay to her.

Vomiting the content of nothing afrah sit tiredly on the bathroom floor, if she knows this is how pregnancy is she wouldn't have even dare to take such rash decision without anyone concert, afrah don't know how she's going to explain to her mum and brother do jalal agreed to be the father of the baby but afrah do know it's going to be a one disastrous day if her mum and brother happens to find out.

"Afrah." The familiar voice call and she sigh tiredly.

"Are you alright?" Jalal ask helping her up and she node.

"You need to eat and shower before doctor henry arrived, I will just go make some calls for someone to handle the office for me and i will be back soon." Jalal say and pick his bag leaving the bedroom promising afrah he will be back soon.

*************
Afrah wakes up to a grumbling empty stomach, she sit upright and remove the IV line with a sigh, her stomach grumble making a yawn to escape her mouth.
She clumsily stand up from the bed and exit out of the bedroom muttering about how wasted her day go without she doing anything.

"Uncle j." Afrah grumble from the kitchen door making him to turn from the gas stove.

"What are you doing?
Doctor henry said you need a bed rest." Jalal say with a smile and close the pot of fish pepper soup.

"I'm hungry and i am tired of sleeping all day." Afrah say with a pout as jalal sit her on the kitchen stool.

"You know what?
Anytime you pout this your dimple reminds me of khadija she's always like,
Bigbroo I'm with the dimples and you with the chubby cheek." Jalal say and sit next to afrah on the other stool.

"How close where you two?" Afrah ask staring at jalal, one thing she understand with him is he's always happy whenever he talk about his late sister.

"Very close.
Nothing separate us not even sleep,
Maybe school but we are always together,
Dija was everything to me those days, I bath her, make her hair, do everything that a mother and father will do to her, she trusted me but i couldn't protect her from them." Jalal say with a bitter smile and afrah hold his hand.

"She's proud of you.
If she's alive today she will be the most lucky girl to have someone amazing as you as a brother, stop blaming yourself uncle j because i believe if you weren't young you would have protect her." Afrah say staring at jalal who sigh.

"Doctor henry say you should go for ultrasound later in the evening." Jalal say as he glance at the wall clock.

"It's already evening." Afrah say as jalal try removing his hand from hers but she hold him tightly.

"I want to check the food." Jalal say looking at his hand making afrah to bashfully mutter a sorry and let go his hand.

"Uncle j are you coming with me to the ultrasound?" Afrah ask staring at him as he dish the yellow looking pasta and dishes the Fish pepper soup in a bowl.

"Ofcrse I'm going to see my sister." Jalal say as he drop the food in her front.

"Your sister?" Afrah say confused and jalal sigh.

"Yes.
The baby is my daughter, at the same time a sister also my niece." Jalal say with a shrug.

"I can't eat with this on my hand." Afrah say and jalal sigh.

"Who say you are eating by yourself.
I'm feeding you ofcrse i was wondering maybe if dija is still alive will i still be feeding her, she was 5 but can't still handle her spoon." Jalal say with a smile as he feed the fork full of pasta to afrah.

"What is this?" Afrah ask looking weirdly at the yellow looking pasta making jalal to chuckle.

"I bleached the pasta.
I want the baby to be yellow." He say mockingly making afrah to chuckle.

"But please what is it?" Afrah ask and jalal laugh.

"So there's this yellow shit lailah usually put in her okra soup i don't know i add it to the pasta and this is the result,
forget the color it taste amazing." Jalal say and afrah node as she open her mouth.

The taste was perfect making afrah to look at him smiling and he chuckle.

"I told you,
I'm a gem when it comes to cooking even your certified culinary aunt can't beat me in the kitchen." Jalal say boastfully and afrah snort.

The two spend the evening talking, afrah doing most of the talking as she once in a while lost staring at her uncle wondering how she's going to ever stop loving this handsome blessed soul in her front.

Don't forget to follow me, add this book to your reading list, comment and vote.

I'm going on a short break but I'm gonna be back until then dropped your comments and let me read your thought about this book.

It's a twisted love story nothing is as it seems so expect anything at anytime.

I love you all. And don't forget to comment because no comments no update.