chapter 20

Laying on the floor of there bedroom lailah toss around the pile of blankets, she glance at the wall clock and its 9pm yet her husband isn't back, with a heavy sigh she pick her phone and dial his contact it ring several times  and there's no answer making her to sigh,
   she wonder what's taking them so long again he take afrah to her therepy, lailah sit upright she's been soo exhausted lately from work to her mother in-law Savage behavior towards her down to how timeless her husband seems to be, they barely spend time together, he goes to work, come back in the evening then take afrah for her therepy which they always come back late around 8pm and whenever there is not therepy they do all spend time together which it usually end with her crying do to her mother in-law harsh comments on her, the bedroom door open and lailah glance at the wall clock which is now showing 10pm.

"Babe." Jalal call confused looking at his wife who's Laying on the pile of blankets on the floor.

"Are you okay?" He ask and throw the shopping bag on the bed kneeling on the floor next to Hus wife

"You are awake?" Jalal say confused and lailah stare at him.

"What took you soo long?
It's 10pm in the night."lailah say making her husband to release a heavy breathe.

" yeah.
Afrah wanted to go shopping so we stopped by at the mall,
Actually bought some stuff for you."jalal say smiling with a shrug.

"OK.
A day before yesterday you stopped by at a restaurant because there's not food at home.
Yesterday you go to the cinema because we don't have t.v in this house and today to the mall.
Very good." Lailah say and jalal look at her confused.

"What are you implying?
Afrah is your niece and I'm just trying to be nice to her after what she's been through t......

" huh.
Stop been nice to her then I'm not stupid j you two have become soo  exceptionally close not to mention the fact that your mum really do like her."lailah say she's been really insecure about afrah lately.

"Babe.
You know very well i  can't do whatever you are thinking with any lady rather with your niece it's insane of you to even think about that." Jalal say with a sigh making lailah to sit upright, he watch confused as his wife stare intensely at him and she sigh.

"J.
I'm not stupid I'm a lady and i  know when a girl likes something I don't care if afrah is my niece islamically you two can marry it's halal and by the way your mum is so persistent about grandchildren it won't be long before she manipulate you and......
Afrah is already crazy about you I'm not a fool jalal this whole idea of afrah staying in this house i  shouldn't have allowed it in the first place." Lailah say staring into her husband eyes she's been having sleepless night about everything a big part of her is soo insecure about everything going on in her life but there's a little part of her that trust her husband won't ever do anything callous to her.

Jalal stare at his wife he love his wife and he understand her insecurity but he just want her to trust him because there's no any other woman he will ever pay attention to.

"I love you." Jalal say and hug his wife making her to breakdown as he muttet soothing words to her ear after a few minutes she fall asleep jalal drop her on the bed and go to the bathroom to prepare for the night.

*****************
"Good morning aunty lailah." Afrah greet entering the kitchen and her aunt turn from the stove with a smile.

"How was your night?"Lailah and continue mixing the pancake.

" it was fine.
Do you need help?"afrah ask removing her jacket.

"No it's fine,
You will ruin your uniform,
Just sit and the breakfast will be ready in no time, you can start with the sandwich." Lailah say and afrah humm in response.

Afrah sit with a sigh on the small dinning in the kitchen and remove her phone from her backpack,
She go through her gallery and smile she do been hanging out lately with her uncle it's been really cool, he's awesome, she do rather prefer this jalal than that of her dream,
Her uncle would woo any lady just by smiling she click on one of the pictures and upload it on her WhatsApp status.

"Good morning baby." The familiar voice say making afrah to look up abruptly from her phone.

"Hey my one." Lailah say and jalal slightly hug her pressing a kiss on her chin.

"Good morning uncle j." Afrah grumble she doesn't understand why she can't control how upset she is any time her uncle is all lovey dovey with his wife, she knows its stupid but that's exactly how she feel.

"Morning afrah you are ready for work already?jalal say and glance at afrah.
Well, here is the car key i  think its more comfortable if you drive yourself to work and you know go wherever you want." Jalal say handing the Toyota Rav4 car key to afrah who look dumbfound at him.

"But why?
Did I do something that offend you an.....

" ohh come on afrah,
You've done nothing i will just be off from work for sometimes that's why."jalal say and afrah node as she collect the keys from him slightly brushing her hand on his making him to look at her and smile.

Jalal stare at afrah he has this admit that she's beautiful, how her uniform always perfectly hug her body it's still something he can't understand it's as if they were made just for her, jalal knows how tempting he is to afrah, it's a forbidden lust one that he knows will bring nothing but havoc into his home jalal knows afrah have a thing for him from the way she look at him he can see it all written on her face that she want to be with him, he isn't a saint and he understand why his wife is curious about his estranged closeness with her niece.

"Jalal!" Lailah call making him to turn abruptly.

"Yeap." He answer confused making lailah to look between him and her niece who's pressing her phone.

"I will just go upstairs." Jalal say and leave the kitchen making lailah to release a heavy breathe.