chapter 17

Sitted quietly outside the hospital humairah sigh as she massage her forehead, it's been two days since her daughter gained consciousness but nothing is as expected she won't stop talking about weird stories of she and her uncle been in love, the doctor has conducted an MRI and they said something about TBI(traumatic brain injury) do to the accident they have been giving her some medication which in her mother's opinion is stupid since nothing changes.

"Sister mi." The familiar voice say and humairah turn releasing a heavy breathe.

"Lily,
How are you?" Humairah ask with a weak smile at her sister and she node taking her place next to her.

"I'm fine." Lailah say with a sigh and glance at her sister.

The two stay in silence everyone engrossed in there thought.

"How is she?" Humairah ask and lailah sigh.

"She's fine.
Jalal is talking to her,
I dont know why this is happening." Lailah say and humairah sigh.

"The doctor say she will be refer to the psychiatric section if no improvement after two weeks." Humairah say with a sigh.

"Why?
It's not mandatary, if we want we can take her home, she will be fine if she continue taking her medication." Lailah say and humairah shake her head with a sigh.

"We all know afrah need serious mental health attention , she's delusional and its very scary how she just keep on repeating same thing,
I think it's best if we leave her in the hospital." Humairah say and flick away the slightest tear from her eyes.

"She will be fine." Lailah say as sadiq rush out of the building making them to both stand abruptly.

"What happened?" They both say in unison as sadiq try steadying his breathe.

"Afrah!
...she....she is becoming aggressive and......"they don't let him finish they run to the hospital building heading straight to the room.

" I'm not crazy,
I know what I'm saying,
Uncle j please don't let them inject me,
I'm fine, I'm not crazy please, uncle j save me."afrah say tossing around the bed as the nurses hold her to the bed and the doctor set the injection.

Jalal looks pitiful at afrah, he feels sorry for her, he sigh and turn from the bed but she keeps on yelling and calling his name for help making him to turn.

"Mummy,
Please save me don't let them do this to me, I'm not crazy I'm fine." Afrah yell as the doctor order the nurses to hold her tightly.

"Uncle j please save me.
Uncle j." Afrah yell as she tossed around the bed with every bit of her strength.

"Doctor just let her be for now." Jalal say and the doctor shake his head.

"No.
She need to calm down,
can't you see she's getting aggressive,
Your........

" just let her be for now,
I will talk to her OK."jalal say frustratedly and the doctor sigh.

"Look jalal.
It's because its you but this girl seriously need to be referred to the psychiatric unit by tomorrow or we will discharge her because I have told you she need a mental health assistant." Dr Omar say sternly and jalal node, he ask the nurses to let go afrah and they did, she quickly hug her body shivering by the corner of the bed as she cry.

"Afrah." Jalal say and she look up, her eyes sunken the heavy eye bag makes her look sick, her hair sticking in different direction,she look disorganized and tired.

"I'm not crazy,
Uncle j you have to remember everything,
you where there for me and the baby," afrah say and breakdown as jalal sigh.

"I know you are not crazy afrah,
But......look at me." Jalal say and sit on the chair in front of the bed.

"You need to calm down,
Do you want to be referred to the psychiatric unit?" Jalal ask and afrah shake her head.

"Good.
Then you need to stop talking about whatever, we all believe you aren't lieing OK, you need to stay healthy, take your medication and prove to the doctors you aren't crazy,and the only way you can do that is if you stop talking about everything OK." Jalal say and afrah breakdown.

Afrah doesn't understand why this is happening to her, how can everything be a dream it was so real and now they all think she's crazy, afrah cry not because she's not happy to survived the accident but because she wished they can all understand her, she cry wondering why all this have to happened to her, she was supposed to do her NYSC service and leave and now she's diagnosed as a crazy girl which she believe she's not.

"Afrah." Someone call and she look up.

"Everything will be alright." Jalal say with a weak smile and hand her the wipe to clean her face.

Afrah stare at her uncle, she wished everything wasn't a dream but how can it be a dream when everything was so real, or maybe she's dreaming now and she might wake up and everything will be back to normal,
She collect the wipe from him and clean her face.

Jalal sigh and turn back to his wife and everyone.

"I will go see the doctor,
Maybe he can arrange for a therepy section for her because, look at her,
She's perfectly fine,
Maybe she needs someone that can understand her." Jalal suggest and they all stare blankly at him.

"OK." Humairah say with a shrug as they all glance back at afrah who's talking to herself.

"She will be fine." Jalal say reassuringly and excuse himself out of the room.

Humairah wonder why her daughter have to go through this,
lailah sigh wondering what would have been like if afrahs dream was actually real but how can it be real when she and her husband are soo in love,
Sadiq stare at his sister praying she becomes alright because he do know she deserve all the good things in life rather than a life in a hospital psychiatric unit.

Okay for those of you saying you are confused well, chapter two is actually afrah first day at work jalal and her where on there way to work in morning, read chapter two very well jalal and afrah where on there way to work but i never mentioned they reached to there destination safely.

Don't be confused.
Because the drama is yet to begin.

I love you all and don't forget to drop your comments.