chapter 38

"Baby do you know that old 15storey building around transamadi?" Jalal ask as he chop the onions.

"Uhmmm,
That wretched looking place,
Yeah what happened?" Lailah ask as she turn the rice into a sieve.

"Well apparently the government gave me the contract to demolished it,
I really feel so sorry for the people living there." Jalal say and hand the onions to his wife.

"Uhmmm the place it's old and it's in center of the city i can understand why they want to get rid of it.
Anyway i get the contract for Mr bankole wedding dinner, I'm super excited." Lailah say and her husband chuckle.

"You are......jalal is interrupted by his phone and he wash his hand in the sink before reaching to grab it on the kitchen island.

" hello Dr ugo."jalal say exiting the kitchen and walk upstairs.

"Mr jalal,
How have you been?'he ask and jalal clear his throat as he open the bedroom door.

" good.
How is Afrah?
Hope you called for goodness it's been 2weeks already isn't she due for visitation? "Jalal ask and lay on the bed.

" Afrah is doing really good,
She's recovering fast and i think she's ok for visitation plus she will soon be discharged. "He say and jalal smile.

" that's good  news.
We will come check on her later this evening,
So what was actually wrong with her?"jalal curiously ask as he sit upright.

"Mr jalal afrah suffered from hallucination and what we called obsessive love disorder, i will highlight you more if you come this evening,
If you will excuse me now i need to get back to work." He say

"Thank you soo much Dr." Jalal say and the line goes off making him to sigh with a facepalm.

Obsessive love disorder jalal thought that's pretty new anyway she's recovering and that's all that matters, with a heavy sigh jalal head back to the kitchen to share the wonderful news with his wife, do she hasn't say a thing about afrah yet but he hoped she let go everything in the past.

"Baby come taste this for me." Lailah say once Jalal enters the kitchen.

"Yummmy,
This look fantastic I'm sure it will taste awesome." He say as his wife dish a small quantity of the shrimp garlic sauce.

Lailah watch as her husband gently take a bite on the shrimp, he squint his eyes probably trying to savor taste.

"Uhmmm it's awesome but a little pinch of sugar will make it even taste fantastically good." He say and lailah pout but add the pinch of sugar.

"So i was thinking maybe we go visit Afrah, doctor say she's allow for visitatio." Jalal say as his wife turn off the stove.

"I would love to but I'm very busy Jalal, I'm going to the restaurant need to start preparing the souvenirs for Mr bankole wedding he's already sent half the payment i don't want to disappoint him." Lailah say, she seriously wish she can face afrah but she feel guilty for how she treated het not to mention she's the reason her friend is death.

"Ohhh okkaay.
It's fine i will go check on her later in the evening, I will love to take some home made food for her maybe she's tired of hospital food." Jalal say and lailah shrug.

"Sure i will put some for her in the takeaway." Lailah say as she begin the food for her husband who look really excited to eat the food making her to smile.

********
Afrah

Sitted in the visiting room i look around the quiet place there are few people today, staying in this place have make me alot more better person , everyone was right maybe i needed a little help Dr ugo let me know that it's OK to let people help you, I have learn to become a better person now, I no longer feel the need to be with my uncle maybe it has to do with the section with Dr ugo,
Love and obsession are two different things and Dr ugo make me understand that what i have for my uncle isn't love it's obsession which isn't healthy one and I have let go just as i assure him i will its wasn't easy but it's worth it because i now feel more at ease, Dr ugo told me uncle jalal is coming to see me today he say it's part of the exercise to see whether i have completely let go just as i say.

"Hey." The familiar voice say making me to look up abruptly.

"Uncle j." I say with a smile and he slightly hug me before sitting on the chair next to mine.
"Where's aunt lailah?" I ask even do i know they weren't in good time when i left I'm sure they've settle there difference by now since i was the obstacle in there once happy marriage.

"She will come next week she's working on the is big contract she gets so she barely stay home." He say with a weak smile and i node.

"Thank you for coming." I say and he node.

"Lailah gave me some food to bring for you." He say and i glance at the food bag with a smile, I missed home food soo badly.

"Thank you." I say once more and we both sit in comfortable silence,Dr ugo say the only way to let go is by talking and letting out all the emotions.

"Uncle j.
I just want to say I'm sorry for all the emotional damage I've caused in your marriage, I was mentally stress and all that make me do things that i thought were right." I say and look up at him, there's a smile on his face making me to chuckle.

"I'm happy and glad you are OK Afrah,
Your aunt and i care about you." He say and i node.

"I know.
There's something i want to tell you." I say with a pause and he node.

"Isaac is alive,
He called me few days ago,
Apparently some people found him and they rush him to the hospital he's recovering, I'm sorry about that to." I say and i can see the amusement in my uncles face, he gently grab my hand.

"I'm really happy for you Afrah." He say and i smile.

"Thank you for not giving up on me." I say and he node with a smile.

"You are family Afrah and family stick together always." He say and i node, he open his mouth to say something but keep shut making me to frown slightly.

"You can tell me anything." I say and he release a heavy sigh.

"Lailah lost the baby again." He say with a pause.
"I feel really unhappy about that, lailah want to be a mother and it break my heart that she can't have a baby because of me." He say and i sigh slightly patting him on the back.

"It's going to be fine."I say as my mind wander to that day.
I know my aunt is ashamed to face me because she fear i will reveal her little secret to my uncle but I'm a different afrah and i don't want to be a home wretcher, I just hope someday she realises what she's doing is wrong and that it will hurt her husband deeply if he find out.

Drop your comments and votes.