chapter 37

Jalal

Ignoring lailah isn't something i love doing neither is it the best way to settle our difference but i can't help but feel really upset by how she treats me, even now that i choose to ignore her she clearly doesn't seem bother about it,
it's been exactly one week since Afrah left for her treatment, it was a surprised that she didn't throw much tantrum about seeing a doctor but ofcrse i didn't tell her she was going to a psychiatrist i just smoothly lied and told her she need a check up since she seems stress and when we went doctor ugo ask me to leave them alone for a brief section, what happened inside it's something i seriously don't understand but Afrah said she want to stay in the hospital she instantly come home and pack her stuff even thanking me for whatever i don't know, Dr ugo advice me not to visit her soon and promise he will let me know when it's the right time to visit, but nonetheless her absence doesn't make my wife pay attention to me.

kicking the bedroom door open i head downstairs to prepare breakfast for myself but furrow my brow at the red trail of liquid down the stairs making me to rush down the stairs.

"Lailah!" I call confuse and follow the trail of blood that lead to the kitchen but she isn't there.

"Lailah!" I call and there is a slight trail that lead to outside making me to run outside.

"Simon!" I call the security guy who drop the watering can and run to where I'm standing on the Porche.

"Did my wife left this morning?" I ask and he scratch the back of his head.

"Yes sir.
She called a cab and left." He say and I sigh.

"Did she mention where she's going to?" I ask and he shake his head making me to sigh.
I head back inside the house removing my phone from my pyjamas trouser and dial her contact but it rings several times but she didn't pick making me to sigh, I contemplate on going to our family doctor maybe she's there but decide to let it be maybe she will soon be back, with a sigh i decide to clean the blood trail around the house before eating my breakfast.

************

There's no word to describe the intensity of the pain she's going through, she thrust around the hospital bed as the nurse try to say all sort of comforting words to her but lailah knows there's no word to quench the pain she's going through,
Why can't she have a baby for her husband?
This is what jalal wants but why can't the Almighty just bless them this once or is he trying to punish her for her forbidden mistakes?
Jalal doesn't have to suffer for her mistakes, the nurse leave the hospital room leaving her alone with the guilt of her mistakes, her phone keeps on ringing and she knows it's her husband by now he could have seen the bloody trails, the doctor say it was an ectopic pregnancy and it's very dangerous for her health so they remove it, the only thing she believe will make her jalal happy it's taken away from her again.

"Lailah." The familiar voice call and she didn't bother to look up because she knows who they belong to,
She feel so ashamed of herself right now, jalal doesn't deserve this,
He has always been a good husband to her but all she ever do is cause him pain, lailah believe jalal deserve better than what she's offering in there marriage.

"Baby I'm sorry,
I shouldn't have ignored you, it was stupid of me to do so,
please forgive me lailah i supposed to be there for you,
Dr Omar called me and i come as soon as i received his call." He say the gentleness and innocence in his voice makes her breakdown as he hug her to his chest.

Jalal blame himself for everything, he can't believe he wasn't even there throughout the struggle and pain his wife has been through, he feel so ashamed and guilty of his action he hoped lailah will find a place in her heart to forgive him and maybe god will bless him when it's the right time.

"I'm sorry j." Lailah cry in her husband arm making him to gently place a kiss on her forehead.

"Me to lailah.
I love you soo much ." he say with a weak smile atleast the ectopic pregnancy thing bring him and his wife together because he was on the brick of exploding in anger if she keeps on ignoring him.

Lailah spend 2days in the hospital and jalal was by her side like the supportive husband he is.
He could see the pain and sadness in his wife eyes and he wishe there's something he can do to make her feel better.

"Do you want anything?" Jalal ask dropping the plate of pounded yam and egusi soup he prepared for his wife making her to stare at him.

"Please Sit with me jalal." Lailah say making her husband to smile, she watch as he sit next to her on the bed, he pick the tray of the food and keep it on the bed.

"Do you want me to feed you." Jalal ask and lailah shake her head wiping the tears with the back of her hand making him to frown.

"Lailah....." Jalal say with a pause and hold his wife hand staring at her worriedly.
"I love you,
Anytime i see you in pain or upset it makes me sad because i feel as do I'm not doing my job as a husband,
You have no idea how it bothers me anytime you are not happy, it give me sleepless night and it makes me wonder if I'm good enough for you." Jalal say truthfully staring at his wife who sniff and look down at there entwined hands.

Lailah wishe she can turn back the hand of time, if only her husband knows the mistakes and what she's hiding he wouldn't even look her in the eyes,
we all have secrets
one we keep to ourself alone, it always eat us up and make us wonder what life would have been if we don't make such mistakes and those secrets we keep it lock deep beneath our worries until we are burried with them, lailah wishe she have enough courage to tell her husband but she fear the consequences.

"Will you ever leave me jalal?" Lailah ask staring at her husband who wipe her tears and embrace her.

"I will always be with you lailah regardless the ups and downs or whatever pain or happiness life throw at us." He say with a smile and lailah smile do she knows sooner or later she will have to muster up the courage to tell her husband the unforgiven mistakes but until then she will enjoy the happy moments so she can keep them as memories if life happens to tear them apart.

Drop your comments and vote