chapter 52

It's a quiet Monday morning Afrah wake up alot more happier than usual even do that feeling of anger of seeing her uncle hugging is wife is still there but she is happy because she will be at work all day and won't have to deal with her aunt, she add on a kimono on her NYSC attire and put the jacket in her backpack, she can't believe everyone in there work place now knows she's married, she kick the bedroom door open and was surprise to see her aunt also all dressed up coming out from her bedroom.

"Good morning aunt lailah." Afrah greet with a smile and lailah glare at her she stop at where Afrah is standing and release a heavy breathe.

"Let's get something straight and clear here Afrah, I'm not your aunt because if i am you wouldn't want to take my husband away from, so i think its better if we stop all this and treat each others as rival, we are sharing husband me and my niece i thought i can trust but it's OK, some betrayal teach us lesson." Lailah say as Afrah just stare dumbstruck trying to process what just happen, she watch as her aunt walk down the stairs and she release a heavy breathe.

"Calm down Afrah that didn't just happen." Afrah say to herself and release a heavy breathe before walking down the stairs, she enter the kitchen and her aunt is preparing a tea for herself, afrah decide is best if she maybe have a breakfast outside because the glare her aunt is throwing towards her will rather make her choke on whatever it is she is about to eat.

Jalal rush into the kitchen colliding into afrah who's about walking out.

"Good morning." Afrah greet and jalal smile at her as he scan what she's wearing and release a satisfying breathe.

"Morning,
How was your night?" He ask Afrah just quietly walk past him and he enter the kitchen.

"Hey Lailah,
Good morning to you." He greet with a smile and lailah ignore him making him to sigh as he pick one of the stool and sit next to her.

"What do you want?" Lailah say a bit irritated she's seriously angry with jalal .

"Nothing,
Can't i admire my wife again." Jalal tease with a smile staring at Lailah who casually sip on her tea.

"Let's get something straight and clear here jalal,
Kana ban haushi
And i mean it when i say that,
I agreed to the fact that Afrah is your wife and zamu soma zaman kishi da ita , but just to clear something off i don't want anybody meddling in my business, cooking schedule is one week for each of us let your wife know about that." Lailah say and drop the mug on the table making jalal to sigh.

"Lai.....

" please jalal what else do you want,
I always used to say this to myself,
From the day my husband got a second wife let him just know that there's nothing like peace again,
Nikam bantaba alkawarin zama lafiya da kishiya ba musamman wanan tsinanniyar' she's my niece and that doesn't change anything i will treat her exactly the way i will treat a rival."lailah say and walk out of the kitchen with Jalal trailing behind her.

"Uncle j I'm leaving." Afrah say she do heard all her aunt say and she will be lieing to herself if she say she's not scared right now.

"Ohhh OK.
I'm just going to drop you off." Jalal say and lailah drop her handbag on the couch.

"Ofcrse you are taking us both to work today jalal." Lailah say and jalal turn confuse to her.

"The mechanic took Afrahs car for maintenance and your car is perfectly fine." Jalal say and lailah node.

"I know and the last time i check there are 3 extra cars in this house,
Then why do you have to drop her at work, anyway that's none of my concern you are dropping us both at work." Lailah say and remove a chewing gum from her bag.

"Uncle j,
Can i get the other car key I'm running a little bit late." Afrah say and jalal hand her the BMW key that is in his hand.

Afrah quickly pick her backpack and rush out of the parlour not wanting to hear any more drama from her aunt.

Jalal give lailah a tired sigh and sit next to her on the couch.

"Come on Lailah,
This girl is your niece she respect you a lot, this thing you are doing will make her loss respect for you." Jalal say and lailah turn her gaze to him.

"Really,
She's my niece and you still married her, look jalal i don't want anymore troubles since you choose not to divorce afrah then let me please treat her like my rival beside there's no any more respect left between me and Afrah, we are rivals and that is it." Lailah say and stand up from the couch with her car key.

"Won't you let me drop you off again." Jalal say confuse and lailah glare at him.

"No jalal.
There's no need afrah is gone i just can't bare you taking her to work ." lailah say and jalal slightly chuckle grabbing one of the car key from the door hook.

"Make sure you tell your wife to come and Cook lunch for us." Lailah say and enter her car.

Jalal watch as she drive out of the house and then release a heavy breathe.
This isn't exactly how he plan his morning, atleast Lailah has stop thinking about the fact that he will divorce Afrah, jalal believe with time the two will eventually get along, not knowing that soon a storm of chaos is coming one that will shattered everything apart,
his stomach grumble making him to sigh,
He seriously can't believe he have two wives and is still hungry in the morning, he decide to go grab some breakfast for himself and afrah since he's sure she didn't have one do to her aunt early morning tantrum.

Drop your comments and votes.