chapter 19

Two weeks later.

Laying on the bed lailah stare blankly at the wall, previously she miscarried her pregnancy it wasn't so easy for her and her husband but it will be less of a pressure if his mum will go back to the US to her husband and stop making a fool of her about barrenness.

"Baby are you alright?" Jalal say switching on the bed side lamp sitting upright on the bed.

Lailah releases a heavy breathe and turn her gaze to her husband.

"Jalal why is this happening to me?
Why can't i have my own child?"lailah say with a heavy sigh.

" come on lily.
Everything it's time, we will have baby when it's the right time
I understand my mum is a little bit of a pressure on you but you seriously don't have to take whatever she says to heart, she will come around besides I'm sure she will leave soon.
I'm sorry."jalal say and hug his wife to his chest.

"I just want to have my own child it's been years jalal, we've been married for 5years it's long enough to wait." Lailah say and jalal sigh.

"Yeah.
We've tried our best,
Allah knows best." Jalal say and kiss his wife on the forehead.
"We need to sleep.
Tomorrow it's going to be a long day for me, haven't been to work for 3weeks." Jalal say and Lailah humm in response.

"Afrah is also going back to her work place." Lailah say with a heavy breathe and jalal humm.

"I think she will pull it through,
She's improving,
she will be alright " jalal say and Lailah sigh.

"Thank you baby.
For always supporting me and my family." Lailah say and jalal smile.

"Always at your service Mrs jalal." He say and she slightly chuckle.

The couple continue to talk the night out mostly discussing about family and afrah health issues until the Almighty sleep unexpectedly knocked on each of them.

*************
The buzzing of the phone is what wakes her making her to stretches her hand to the bedside.

"Hello." She say sleepy.

"Yes ma,am what time is the pick up for our booking?a voice  say making her to sit abruptly.

" OMG.
Its 1pm,
Thank you very much."lailah say and end the call with a sigh, she glance at the wall clock showing 8:40am making her to sigh.

She need to make breakfast before her mother in-law is awake ,
seems her husband is early to work even she herself need to go to her restaurant to check how things is going, she amble herself out of the bedroom,slamming the door behind her a yawn escape her mouth as she descend down the stairs.

"I'm not taking a second wife mum,
I love my wife,
Whenever is the right time the almighty will bless us with a child.
Lailah has been there for me when you both weren't."jalal voice say from the kitchen making lailah to stop by the door.

" for how long are you going to stay with this barren girl, she said she was pregnant and now she had a miscarriage how I'm I sure you two weren't just faking it, if  i  gave birth to you then you will have to take a second wife, I am not getting any younger I need to see my grand children. "Jalal mother angry voice say.

" seriously mum!
Lailah has been nothing to you but nice but you are always..........

"I don't know why you married this old lady in the first place she's 30+ how do you expect her to have babies for you?

" when are you leaving mum, because I'm sick and tired of you calling my wife names."jalal yell back.

"Are you going to send me out?
Ofcrse you will since this witch has already taken control over you."

"I'm not having the conversation this morning."jalal say and exit the kitchen slamming the door angrily.

He pick his briefcase from the dinning and spot his wife making his heart to drop.

" My one you.......

"It's fine jalal,
I'm used to all this." Lailah say with a weak smile and jalal hug her.

"I love you."He say, jalal feel sorry for his wife he wish there's a way he could convince his mum to understand just how amazing his wife is.

" you should head to work you are getting late."lailah say trying to control her emotions, the last thing she want is her husband going to office Monday morning angry.

"Yeah." Jalal say with a sigh and stare at his wife.
"Lailah...... Jalal say with a pause

Staring at her reflection one time in the mirror afrah sigh, this is the first time she will be going for her NYSC work place her uncle has to do some whatever before they let her come, afrah choose to move on not because she didn't believe about her dreams but because its best for her do her uncle arranged a therepy section for her but she decline and assure him she will be alright, she usually spend the day in her bedroom only that jalal mum seems pretty nice she do check on her once in a while and they would talk and pass the time.
Afrah haul her backpack and exit the bedroom with a sigh, she amble herself down the staircase and quickly turn her gaze from her uncle who's literally standing facing her aunt as do he will swallow her.

"I  love you please don't take what my mum say to heart." Jalal voice echo around the parlour.

"Good Morning." Afrah say making the two to turn.

"Morning sweetheart you look good." Lailah say with a warm smile and afrah node.

"How was your night afrah?
I thought you weren't going?" Jalal say.

"Good morning grandma." Afrah say to jalal mother who's coming out from the kitchen.

"Morning my dear.
Here's your breakfast,
Since the woman of the house isn't responsible to wake up early."the elderly lady say the last part throwing a glare at lailah.

" good morning mummy. "Lailah say with a smile to her mother in-law

Afrah look confused between the three, she collect the paper bag from jalal mum muttering a thank you as she glance at her aunt who's staring at the floor.

" OK.
Babe take care
Mum have a nice day."jalal say and pick his briefcase from the dinning table exiting the parlour.

"Bye grandma.
Bye aunty." Afrah say quckly trailing behind her uncle.