chapter 40

Laying next to her husband on the bed Lailah stare at the dark bedroom, the only light is the one illustrating from there closet her husband forgot to turn it off earlier and say he was to tired to stand up,
his parent spend 2days and left earlier in the morning of today lailah feel as do a heavy stone was lift upon her chest her mother in-law is sure a mean dramatic lady, all this while lailah feel as do she's responsible for there childlessness she wasn't supposed to betray jalal the way she did, telling him is the only way for her to find peace but she doesn't want to face the consequence that will follow that, with a heavy sigh lailah sit upright and glance at the man sleeping peacefully next to her, she sigh and turn her gaze back to the closet,
What if jalal decide to punish he for her mistake?
What if he decide to take a second wife just to make her pay for what she did?
Will he even forgive her? All this while this questions keeps on popping into her head and it makes her even scared the more to tell him.

"Lailah." Jalal called sleepily, from his blurry sleepy eyes he could see his wife sitting up with her back to the bed.

"Uhmmm." Lailah answer making him to release a heavy breathe and sit upright.

"Is everything OK?" Jalal ask grabbing his wife hand with a sigh.

Lailah stay quiet contemplating on whether or not to say it.

"Lailah.
I understand just how much you want kids but what can we do when god say it isn't the right time for us to have one, don't take whatever my mum say to heart she's just desperate to see her grandchild." Jalal say with a sigh and gently hug Lailah to his chest.

"Jalal." Lailah called with a sniff and jalal humm in response as he slightly touch her face and feel the tears on them.

"Lailah."jalal call and lift her up from his embrace.
" tomorrow we will go see a doctor,
Maybe something isn't right with one of us, I love you lailah and it bothers me anytime you aren't happy,
Please stop crying. "Jalal say wiping his wife face with his hand.

" jalal there's s.....

"I don't want to talk about this any longer lailah, let's just sleep and tomorrow we will go to fertility clinic." Jalal say and grab lailah to lay down with him.

He hold her protectively to his chest and lailah wonder what will life be like without jalal in it.

***********
The next morning the couple wake up earlier than usual , surprisingly jalal wear native today it's something he wear occasionally and lailah wonder what the occasion is for today, when she ask him he say he just wake up a lot happier today, as they drive to the clinici lailah just stay quiet she wonder if this visit to the clinic will expose her secret she want to be the one to tell her husband what she did not a doctor.
As they sit in the waiting room, Lailah's hand won't stop fidgeting making jalal to grab them and squeeze them in reassuring gesture.

"It's going to be fine." Jalal say to her but lailah knows nothing is ever going to be OK if jalal find out the truth.

"Jalal,
There's something i need to tell you." Lailah say with a heavy breathe.

"What is it?
We can talk when we get home." He say with her hand in his.

"No jalal,
Let me just say it now." Lailah say staring at her husband, Jalal stare at his wife and he knows just how desperate she is to say whatever it is that she want to say.

"OK.
I'm all ears." He say with a weak smile slightly brushing his finger on her thumb.

"Jalal I'm sorry but I............

"Mr and Mrs jalal." A nurse called interrupting lailah making them to turn there gaze to her.

"That's us." Jalal say with a sigh.

"You can come in now please." The nurse say with a smile and jalal node.

"We will talk when we get home i promise." Jalal say and lailah sigh.

With a heavy heart Lailah walk to the office with consultant boldly written on it.

"Please have a sit." The old looking man with grey hair say as he exchange handshake with jalal.

"Good morning." Lailah say and the man node gesturing for the seat.

"OK.
So let's just go straight to the point i guess."the old man say and jalal grab his wife hand in reassuring gesture smiling weakly at her.

" yes sir."jalal say and the man look at jalal and his wife before dropping the paper on the table.

"Your wife is perfectly fine Mr jalal....he say with a pause
But you have a slight problem here
You are suffering from what we calls Azoospermia it's a kind of sperm disorder that can be cause from traits you're born with. Lifestyle choices or maybe a certain medications you are taking can lower sperm numbers. Other causes can include long-term sickness like kidney failure or childhood infections, there are alot of probable causes but the good thing is it can be treated." The doctor explain as jalal glance at his wife then turn back to the doctor confuse.

"How is that possible doctor because my wife here has miscarried our baby a couple of months ago and she just had an ectopic pregnancy which the doctor have to remove it because it's life threatening or something." Jalal say and glance at lailah who's staring at the table.

"I'm sorry but that is not possible and do you by any chance maybe suffered from a sickness for a very long time or maybe your lifestyle tell me more about yourself." The doctor say trying to divert the conversation as he glance at lailah.

"Dr I'm living a very healthy lifestyle, I don't smoke, dink or anything and I'm pretty sure i had a healthy childhood and i have never suffered from any long term sickness......jalal say but pause.
OK I had a kidney failure when i was 25 but i got a kidney transplant and i was fine, could that be a caused?" Jalal ask and the doctor sigh.

"Yeah.
But we will run some few more test and you will come back in two days time so we can start our treatment." The doctor suggest with a smile and jalal node before turning his gaze back to his wife.

"But are you sure my wife can't be pregnant maybe...." Jalal say slightly confuse and the doctor shake his head and jalal node.

"Thank you sir,
I will come back tomorrow to run the test because I'm in a hurry right now." Jalal say standing up and exchange a handshake with the old man.

"Sure.
Just let me know if you come and they will run the test,
Have a nice day." The doctor say and jalal node.

"Let's go lailah." Jalal say helping his wife up.

"You have a really serious explanation to make about that pregnancy." Jalal mutter in her ear as they exit the hospital.

Lailah feel every bit of the energy in her body draining, this day she knows surely one day it will come, the wrong choices we make in life will always find a way to affect us, jalal doesn't deserve this and she will never blame him if he make any rash decision because she deserve his wrath.

kindly drop your comments and votes.

I love you all.