chapter 64

As days fold to weeks and weeks gradually chameleon to 2months since Afrah left her uncle, she's become the shadow of her own self, jalal no longer call her anymore she waited and waited for him to show up to apologize to her but he never did show up, the most disturbing thing if all is that she's pregnant, she pregnant with jalal baby she's soo happy yet at thesame time sad, just like any other day she was laying on her Ned crying as usual the bedroom door open and her brother walk in with the plate of dinner.

"Afrah." He say with a tiring sigh and drop the plate of food on the bed, he sit and grab her by the arm and hug her.

"Kiyi hakuri
Everything is going to be fine someday." Sadiq say, he hate to see his sister this broken the fact that she's pregnant doesn't help her mood swing, he advice her to go meet her husband but Afrah refuse jalal contact isn't going anymore and sadiq wonder if everything is OK over there.

"Afrah." Sadiq say and remove Hus sister from his embrace.

"We are to Port tomorrow,
We are going to check on uncle jalal,
Don't you think it's a little bit odd that he stops calling you at once and his phone isn't going at all, uncle j care about you he wouldn't have let go you soo easily, you are pregnant Afrah you need him he's the father of your baby." Sadiq say as Afrah just stare at him.

She doesn't know but maybe he's right, why isn't his contact not going through? Did her aunt did something to him?
What if she hurt him?the questions churn into Afrahs brain like a timing bomb.

"We are going ya sadiq, I should have gone earlier what if something bad happen to him?" Afrah say and sadiq smile weakly at her.

"Nothing has happen to him we will take the first flight tomorrow right,now eat your food and get some sleep." Sadiq say and hand the plate of food to his sister, he wait until she starts eating before he exit the bedroom with a tiring sigh.

*************
The next morning Afrah and her brother take the 45minutes flight to port Harcourt city afrah feel her heartbeat beating rapidly as they near the house she hasn't say a single word since they left home all she want is to see her uncle, the uber man drop them by the house gate and sadiq grab both suitcases as afrah knock on the gate after what seems like forever the gate open and it's an elderly woman probably in her late 50s making Afrahs brow to furrow.

"Is this Jalals house?" Afrah ask confuse and the old lady node opening the gate widely for them to come in, Afrah scan the house everything was there but they look pretty much dead,the cars cover in heavy dust and the flowers dried do to lack of care.

"Is jalal around?" She ask and the woman node.

"Yes." She say and she open the door.

The house is quiet the parlour is just the way she left it, Afrah look at the old lady.

"Where is aunt lailah?" Afrah ask as they walk upstairs.

"I don't know she just ask me to come over here and take care of him,
Last month his parent show up they took him to some hospital but brought him back all the doctors say he's fine but......the woman pause and open the door for Afrah.

She stare at her uncle, he's laying down he have his head supported with two pillows, afrah can't construct a single sentence, as she walk inside the bedroom and closer to him she can see the drastic changes and weight loss, he look soo different that it upset her that she left him all alone , afrah just lay her head on jalal chest and cry she blame herself for everything, if she didn't left him with her aunt all this wouldn't have happen she knows what she's capable of yet she left him all alone by himself,she still can't believe his parent just left him by himself.

" this is all my fault!
I'm sorry uncle j,
I'm sorry that i let her do this to you."Afrah say.

Jalal just stare he wish he can just hug afrah and tell her none of this is her fault, he wish he can comfort her tell her to stop crying and that it hurt him soo badly to see her this broken, he want to tell her he wanted to come see her and that he misses her soo much but he cannot, all he have to do is watch and stare he has never felt so helpless like today, he did the only thing he can do he cry because that's the only way he can tell Afrah how sorry he is.

"Ma'am did you sleep here to take care of him?" Afrah ask and the old lady shake her head.

"No,
I come every morning and leave in the evening." She say and Afrah node.

"Is he taking any medication?" She ask and the lady shake her head.

"No ma'am the doctors say he is fine there is nothing wrong with him or his body part, I also try collecting some herbs from someone i know because i think this is witchcraft." The old lady say and Afrah sigh.

"Can you please arrange the other bedroom for my brother." Afrah say and the lady just node and exit the bedroom.

"I'm sorry Afrah." Sadiq say with a weak smile at his sister as he slightly touch her by the shoulder and she sigh.

"She did this to him.
He didn't deserve this she deserve to be laying down helpless this way and his parent i still can't believe they left him all alone , I should have listen to you and come earlier." Afrah say wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"None of this is your fault,
You are here now and that's all that matters, I will go shower I'm still having this airplane sickness." Sadiq say and glance at his uncle before exiting the bedroom.

"I love you uncle j,
Don't worry I'm here now,
I will take care of you." Afrah say smiling at him as she touch his face.

Jalal stare at Afrah he knows nobody will ever love him soo deeply and care about him, Afrah is the one and only single person that ever care about him, he will fight this no matter what , he will fight this so he can shower her with all the love and attention she want.

Drop your comments and votes.