chapter 36

Afrah

One week have pass and i can't help but notice the drastic changes in my uncle he no longer show that intense hatred towards me and don't yell at me like he usually those, he don't stare curiously and creepily at me anymore rather he pay attention and always try to be nice to me,
Do my aunt pay less attention to him and barely stay home which i can see clearly how upset that makes my uncle but he do always try to stay calm regardless the harsh words my aunt throw at him.
uncle jalal no longer let me drive myself to work instead we leave for work together and come back together yesterday he stop by my work place to check on me he even brought lunch for me,

like any other day i stand waiting patiently by the office gate, I begin going through my calendar and i sigh.

I really love my uncle and want to marry him but it feel right and wrong at the same time, his car pull up by the curb and i climb in with a sigh.

"Good evening." I greet and he smile handing me the case of water.

"Evening.
How was work today?" He ask pulling back to the road and i humm in response.

Usually we talk about what happened in work place but today I'm not in the mood, i just want to be alone in my bedroom.

"Afrah is everything alright?" He ask with a glance and i node.

"OK.
About the wedding?
Do you want to do anything like an event?" He ask and i glance at him boredly.

"I'm not getting married to you,
I know you don't care you are just pretending to be nice to me so i won't tell anyone or the police about what your wife did to Isaac,
Nobody cares." I say and turn my gaze back to the road.

"Afrah." He say pulling by the roadside
I care about you alot and i know you care about me to, you know we no longer lie to each other right?."he say and I node.

"Tell me.
What is it that is disturbing you today?" He ask and i shake my head,
I feel my vision blurring and i breakdown.

"It's OK afrah.
I'm here for you if you need anything." He say patting me gently on the back as i sniff.

"I don't know uncle j,
I just feel restless and i want to be alone, I can't sleep at night and i keep on hearing this weird voices in my bedroom.
I'm tired and exhausted of everything." I say and he sigh,
He hand me the handkerchief and i clean my face smudging the mascara all over my face making him to chuckle and i smile.

"What do you say about a pancake?" He say with a smile and I node.

"It sound good,
Pancake evening is always the best." I say and he chuckle.

As we drive back home i feel more relax and at ease, sometimes i just want to talk but don't know who to talk to but with uncle jalal now he let me talk to him and the most amazing part is he listen to me as i talk.

**********
Driving inside the house surprisingly my wife car is in the garage, this days it's like she's a different person not my Lailah, Afrah quickly exit the car saying she need to freshen up before the big pancake fry making me to chuckle at her excitement and decide to stay back in the car to make a call.

I remove my phone from my bag and surprisingly there's 3missed call from the contact i want to call, I dial the contact and patiently wait for him to answer.

"Hello jalal,
I have been calling you but you didn't answer my call?" The familiar voice say and i clear my throat.

"Sorry doctor,
I have been so busy." I say and put the phone on speaker and put it on the phone hook by the dashboard.

"OK.
Dr ugo is back in town and he ask me to tell you that you can bring your niece." He say and I sigh in relief.

"Ohhh thank god.
I will try and speak to afrah,
I hope i can convince her so tomorrow we can come see him,
Thank you very much doctor." I say smiling at myself.

"Have a nice day,
See you tomorrow then." He say and the call end making me to sigh.

Maybe this news will cherish lailah and we can patch things up, I miss her soo much and want to spend some time with her, I exit the car and head inside the house thinking of multiple ways to convince afrah to follow me to the hospital.

*******
Replying some of the email in her phone Lailah lay on the bed in the guestroom, for the past 7days she's been sleeping there, she still can't believe jalal chooses afrah over her,
She wonder whether what she's doing is the right thing, She's become so distance with him and she fear that he no longer pay attention to her anymore, the bedroom door creak open making her to look up.

"Can i come in?" Jalal ask with a smile but Lailah turn her gaze back to her phone screen.

"OK.
I will still come in do,
Baby i have good news for us." He say excitedly and sit on the bed next to her.

"Afrah says she don't want to get married and the doctor is back,
So in conclusion afrah is going to get treated soon." He say smiling, Lailah look up at him and he look so happy making her even more upset.

"How is that my business jalal?.
I don't care please do me a favor and leave my bedroom, you can go ahead and continue spending time with your wife to be." Lailah say making jalal to chuckle.

"My baby is jealous,
Come on lailah i want to speak to the little man in there." Jalal say placing his hand on his wife tummy but lailah slap his hand making him to look surprisingly at her.

"Why are you treating me this way lailah?
Stop been so dramatic you are been so inconsiderate this days,
I love you, can't you see that.
You attitude is pushing me away and the consequences won't be a pleasant one, don't blame me if i choose to find happiness outside my home." Jalal say really angry and exit the bedroom.

He's fed up with his wife behavior, just because he's exceptionally madly in love with her doesn't mean he can continue to keep up with how badly she treats him,he feel so unlove and it's killing him deeply.

Drop your comments and votes please.