Chapter 2

Wyatt practically dragged Waverly into the den where Willa and Wynter were waiting.

Wynter was standing below Willa, her hair tied up into two braided buns that showed off her natural brown hair and white streaks.

Willa always had the other wolves standing below her. She liked the feeling of being above everyone else.

Normally, the upcoming alpha would wait until the current alpha in power died or resigned to take charge but considering the circumstances, she jumped in immediately after her mother became sick.

Willa has three purple triangle-shaped marks under her left eye and a long band of worn-out brown leather straps wrapped around her right thigh.

It has been passed down from alpha to alpha for generations.

The purple marks under a werewolf's eye indicates their rank. Three is the highest. Wyatt, Waverly and Wynter all have two.

Waverly never got a rank. She wore one small black mark on her left arm just below her wrist of a crescent moon.

The purple mark symbolizes strength, power and responsibility.

Willa has always been protective over the wolves, especially her mother. She doesn't trust any creature outside the pack and will fight till the death if necessary.

Wyatt is clever, strong and charming. He cares deeply for his family and can get very over-protective with the ones he loves. He will always be Waverly's go-to werewolf.

It's hard living in a different breed's wolf pack, away from those who understand and accept you but he accepted Waverly the minute they met.

She will always be grateful for that.

Waverly is independent, loyal and ruthless when someone messes with the pack. Even though they don't trust her, she proves herself daily. She's had a tough life, always being singled out for not truly being a member of the family.

"Took you long enough." Willa seethed, skating her head as they entered the main den.

"Relax," Wyatt joked. "We're here now, and I-."

"We don't have time for excuses, brother." She cut him off, folding her strong arms over her chest. "Both of you, come right away next time."

They both lowered their heads and nodded.

Waverly swallowed the lump forming in her throat.

Before Willa became alpha, she was a sweet and kind werewolf...but ever since the pack started to get sick, she's been acting different. She became a strict leader who cares more about her people than she does herself.

"Wynter," The alpha muttered, getting the young wolf's attention. "Show them."

She glanced up at Willa and reluctantly pulled a palm-sized glowing piece of moonstone out from behind her back.

Willa gently pulled it out of her hand and held it up in the air.

"Where did you find that?" Waverly questioned, staring up at the shard.

It contained a thousand different colors.

"The zombie power plant." Wyatt explained, wearing a some-what proud expression. "It could lead us to the rest of the moonstone."

"No, it won't." Willa quaked. "There's barely enough power left in here to recharge our elders necklaces. If we use it to find the moonstone, we could risk wasting its magic for nothing."

He nodded, disappointment vanquishing the hopeful expression.

Waverly sighed. She hated when he was disappointed, mostly because all Wyatt wanted to do was help, but Willa always took that away from him.