Chapter 29

Waverly was standing in the hallway, contemplating wether she should talk to Wyatt, or go try to find where the rest of the hunters were hiding.

Wyatt has a crucial role to play in the fight against Matthew since he heightens her power, and the last thing the pack needed was for him to be unfocused while they're battling an army.

"Fuck." Waverly breathed out, headed towards Willa's room.

For some reason, Willa decided to talk in Wyatt's room and Wyatt decided to hide in her room..

"Wyatt." She muttered, knocking softly on the door. "Can I talk to you?"

He took a moment to respond.

"Come in." Was all the werewolf said.

Not a good start.

She pushed the block of wood to the side, since the door had actually fallen off its hinges when he decided to be dramatic and slammed it shut.

Wyatt was sitting at the edge of the bed with his arms folded neatly over his chest.

"Hi." Waverly said, smiling nervously.

His expression didn't change.

She trudged further into the room.

"So.. how are you?"

He continued to stare at her, unimpressed.

She sighed, leaning back against the tarnished green wall behind her. "Alright. I'm just going to be straightforward.. William is a friend, nothing more."

Wyatt clenched his jaw.

Somehow, he looked even more mad than before.

Waverly furrowed her eyebrows, waiting for his response.

After a few deafeningly silent seconds, he stood up. "I don't care that you have a friend that happens to be a guy, Waverly. I care that you never felt the need to tell me more about him."

She looked down at her feet.

He was right.. that was pretty shitty.

But with everything going on, she never even thought to properly introduce them.

Plus, William was never interested in meeting her friends.

"You're right." The shapeshifter muttered, lifting her head. "I'm sorry."

"Are you?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes. "Because while I was standing behind you, waiting for you to tell me more about Will, you completely ignored me."

She nodded.

"Then you ignored me again when he left and ran off to talk to my sister." He went on, taking a cautious step forward. "Not me."

Waverly bit her lip.

Where would she even start?

Wyatt blew out a breath.

"I was trying to protect you." He said, voice breaking slightly.

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

The werewolf reached for her hand. "I know that was him in the school, Waverly."

Her eyes widened.

Of course he remembered that.. why wouldn't he?

Willam was trying to kill her during the dance.

"Are you in trouble?" He asked, softening his voice.

Waverly shook her head.

This was such a bad misunderstanding.