Chapter 33

As soon as the words left her mouth, silence fell upon the town.

Eliza was still in view, her dark curious eyes peering into of Waverly's soul.

"A shapeshifter?" The zombie said questioningly.

Waverly nodded.

The zombie took a cautious step forward, her eyebrows furrowing. "So, you're not a werewolf?"

Waverly swallowed dryly.

"No, I'm still a werewolf-"

"Then why didn't you say that?" Another zombie said, sliding in front of Eliza.

He looked familiar, but she didn't have time to rifle through her brain for his name.

"Because, a shapeshifter is a different kind of werewolf-"

"Why are you in Willa's pack if you're not one of them?" The zombie went on, interrupting her for the second time.

Waverly felt the pit of anger inside of her begin to emerge again.

"I am one of them." She said, angrily.

Eliza stood behind him, her expression faltering.

Even she knew it wasn't smart to poke the bear.

Especially since this particular bear nearly tore the town apart.. five minutes ago.

A good portion of the zombies on the ground got up and surrounded them.

"You didn't say that." He went on, adding more fuel to the fire.

"I just did." She argued.

"What is a shapeshifter?"

Waverly's eyes began to glow as she contemplated him the truth.

Just as she opened her mouth to explain, a familiar voice stopped her.

"Stop!" Wyatt yelled, shoving through the wall zombies.

He threw himself in front of Waverly and grabbed her hand.

"We don't have to tell you zombies shit."

Before the shapeshifter could get a word in, he yanked her back through the crowd.

Waverly felt overwhelmed, being smothered by bodies.

She attempted to hold back the burst of energy pulsing through her, but as soon as she and Wyatt locked eyes, the zombies around them were thrown backwards.

They froze for a second, watching the creatures crash against the concrete.

Wyatt glanced back at her and grinned.

"You're getting better, huh?"

Her cheeks immediately lit up bright red.

"Dammit!"

He laughed. "Come on, let's get out of here before the Z-Patrol come."

* * *

"What was that all about?" Wyatt questioned as they entered the forbidden forest.

"I have no idea, Eliza started questioning me out of no where and I panicked." The shapeshifter began to explain. "They all saw me use my powers.

He nodded slowly, trying to understand the situation.

"Why was Eliza questioning you?"

Waverly shrugged. "I have no idea. It didn't even seem like she wanted to."