LOVE DOOMED TO FAIL.

Chapter: 13.
*********

The vision rather than comforting her left her with even more concern and more questions but the more questions she asks...

"I don't understand," she whispered, turning to look at her dearest friend. "Naga," she called, tears brimming in the corners of her eyes. "Will I have to mourn the loss of my son?" The Merdragon held despair and pity in his icy eyes for the aching woman.

....the fewer answers she got.

"Although the future is not set in stone, I haven't felt death in his future, but there will be abundance of pain and suffering. His fate, like I mentioned earlier, is tied with Atana. And just like she did, he too shall journey into distance lands, a fulfillment of his destiny, and that of Atana's." He pulled both Venus's hands into his and held her hands in his. "Your son will be the greatest Tideian ever heard in all the Seven Seas." She nodded. As long as he wasn't going to be dead she could manage.

She would have fought to avert this fate but she knew better than to alter his destiny. The Gods forbid it.

"Thank you again, Naga." She bowed and walked out of the room, Naga transformed into the little water dragon Nixie had seen when they had first stepped into the Merdragon's abode then followed the woman to where the Fairy and Merman still stood unmoving.

"Thank you, Elder." Both Nixie and Tide spoke in unison and smiled right after.

"Nixie?" Venus called so she could cast her transporting spell once again but the little Dragon spoke instead.

"Let me create a portal." And he did, a misty space opened up on the ground and he motioned for them to step into the winged shaped portal. "This will take you directly into your home, Venus." Once they were all in the wings, the mist grew thicker taking them away as it vanished from the Elder's abode.

"I know it is an impossible task but see that you keep him away from Roan though it is inevitable seeing that Roan's hate is the gateway to Tideian's fate but try to delay it a little longer if you can." The Elder's final warnings resounded in Venus's ears alone and once they had appeared in the middle of her Mercave living room, she turned towards her son and asked the nagging question that had been on her mind since Naga mentioned a lover.

"Who is Roan?"

Taking the merman by surprise, she saw him jump a little before settling into the green sofa at the end of the purple cave.

"Tide?" She asked, seeing he wasn't ready to speak.

"I can forcefully see into his mind to find out who that is if you would like me to, Venus." Nixie teased, causing the agitated merman to hiss in frustration, he was trapped and he needed to speak or his mother might just give that pesky fairy the order to invade his mind, then she will not only know who Roan is but all the dirty deeds they had indulged in the past months.

"We are in love." He muttered under his breath.

"What love would ask you to dip a hand into an undiluted Mountain Tears?" His mother interrogated angrily.

"He didn't ask me to dip my hand in, I was only not thinking right at the moment, but he needed the Tears for his ill father's treatment," Tide explained.

"Sick father?" His mother wasn't buying into that story. "They couldn't have waited until the Festival?" She demanded yet again.

"He didn't have that much time." He defended.

"Do you realize what you have done, my child?" She went on her tails before her son. "You put your life in danger and not only that but the life of the King as well and for what?"