OBEY.

Chapter: 63.
*****

By seven, he had already returned to the house, showered, dressed, and departed for work with his breakfast sandwich in tow. He ate it on the way, carefully not to drop anything on himself, and bought coffee before he had reached the parking garage of Falcon Automotive. He was still sipping when he arrived at the elevator in the main lobby. He pressed his ID to the sensor, scanned his fingerprint, and stepped in to be whisked up to his respective floor.

He greeted Sally and April on his way in and dropped off a box of doughnuts with two lattes for them before making his way into his office. It has become somewhat of a habit to do that for them every morning since he started there. It always seems to make them happy, and there's just something undeniably cute about women when they are happy.

Before he had even had the chance to lower himself into his swivel chair, the phone on his table had gone off. He groaned, picked it up then reluctantly pressed it to his ear.

"Did you get the message I left you this morning?"

That voice.

Shit!

Fishing out his phone from his pocket and swiping it to life, a flash of Anonymous: (1) Unread Message

You had to be kidding me. He groaned inwardly.

He was going to respond when the line went dead. He groaned loudly and rolled his eyes! How had he even gotten his number? Even worse, so he had had his number all this time?!

And not once did he bother to get in touch.

Speaking of getting in touch, hadn't East given him his direct contact as well? Did he even bother to save it? No!

Okay, now isn't that time, Alexander.

He consoled himself and opened it without expecting much, but to his surprise, it was actually business-related. Apparently, Mr. Almighty Falcon was requesting his attendance at a board of trustees meeting and wanted him to bring along the updated report he had been pulling together, as well as the long-term projection of profit for Falcon Automotive.

How and when had he even gotten here?

He didn't even bother to respond after reading the message, the phone was returned to where it had once been and he gathered the documents he would need into one neatly organized dossier, silently praising his meticulous habit of adding colored tabs to everything.

He arrived in the third conference room, the only place he knew Falcon held important meetings ten minutes later, and found that Falcon was already there. He didn't look up from whatever it was he had been reading on his iPad when he entered, so he moved to an empty seat nearest the projection screen farthest away from him.

Fine. If he was going to ignore me now, then we had nothing to talk about. He nearly grumbled to himself.

He's started to do this a lot since this man started avoiding him.

Talking to himself like a maniac.

He was even successful in seeming a little bored until all of the board members had arrived for the meeting and real work had needed to be done. It was quick and easy, really more of a formality than anything, and he was happy to promise the reports would be sent to each of them by the end of it. Matthew hadn't looked at him once reading over whatever it was that had been holding his attention so intensely.