STRANGER'S FLAME.

Chapter: 86.
******

She stared at the picture. It was a picture of a young girl around ten years old with a beautiful smile, long brown hair with a light blue ribbon in it, eyes wide, and a bright smile adorning her chubby cheeks. She sat on a blanket and both sides were her mother and father. At least Maria thought they were, the mother was wearing a pink dress with flowery patterns along the neckline. The father was dressed casually in a red plaid shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. He too wore his signature smirk on his face that was very similar to the one on the little girl's face, both parents holding the hands of their daughter. It looked like a very beautiful picture of family time, but they didn't seem to be aware that their picture had been taken, or if they did they didn't care.

Once again her attention shifted to the file in her hand. There she discovered more photos of different families throughout the years; a young woman with a baby bump, a teenager holding a leash while whistling for her dog that could be seen running towards her, another family consisting of two daughters and a son, a single mother with her son, an elderly woman in her mid-fifties getting out of her car, there was just too many photos and the longer she flipped through each of them, the scarier it all seem. Underneath each folder lies the dates and time each picture was taken.

What was this doing in Lorenzo's room? She wondered, looking through these unrecognized faces. How come he has this? She thought deeply over it once again, it looked like a case file you would find in the district attorney's office, a case file filled with missing person photographs or it could mean worse, murdered victims.

Maybe it belonged to someone in the force, a friend of his perhaps and he's only safekeeping it for them. Lorenzo is only a mechanic who doesn't even own his shop. She will have to ask him about this when he arrives.

With nothing better to do, Maria closed the folder and placed it back into the box. She got on her feet and started moving towards the bed when she caught sight of herself in the mirror hanging behind the curtains of the balcony. She immediately jumped back and grabbed hold of the chair next to the vanity, staring at herself.

What did she do to herself?

It wasn't just because she looked terrible, no. It's more like she looked... tired and near dropping dead any second.

With the event unfolding over the last couple of months, it's only natural that she feels this tired. She was both physically and mentally drained.

First, she had lost the pregnancy she was planning to hold Micheal down with and now she's receiving packages sent to her home by none other than the man she's having secret affairs with.

Whatever gave Lorenzo the notion that she wouldn't give him what he wants if he had just asked normally, beats her.

Damn, she hasn't been this stressed since she learned Alexander lost his job and wouldn't be able to provide for her anymore, at least not as she wanted.

Deciding for a quick shower to help rejuvenate her weak body and soul, Maria began to undress. As she slipped under the water the events that have been happening lately flashed in her mind.

She and Lorenzo have known each other for over a year now. They had met at the club and something seemed to have bloomed from that day on.

She might even say that that was the day she fell truly in love.

Or maybe it was just his sex she liked.

*****

It was one of those nights she had gone partying with her group of friends, they had only arrived at the popular club LOCUST at around 11 a.m. She and the girls were having a blast, dancing to the loud music and drunk out of their minds but they weren't finished with the night yet. It was only 11 a.m. The night was still young. Just when she had begun to dance with Gracie was when one of the ladies tapped her softly on the shoulder alerting her of a certain sexy hunk of a man leaning against the bar at 1 o'clock staring daggers into her head that she stopped dancing and turned in the right direction to find the man still watching her. Her breath skipped upon seeing the man, he was absolutely gorgeous, a real definition of fuck and she was completely smitten.

Once their eyes met, Lorenzo approached her with a smirk on his face and offered to dance with her. She had accepted without as little as a blink. He held her close and spun her around and around as if he knew exactly what he was doing. His arms wrapped around her waist tightly as he held onto her as if he never intended to let her go. He danced smoothly and she matched him as hard. Maria was quite tipsy herself and couldn't remember when her head leaned onto his chest, not until the moment he spoke: "Are you sure you want me to let you go?"

Maria replied with a soft voice, "I don't think I want to leave your embrace." She felt a tingle of excitement flow through her veins as she continued to stare into his eyes searching for some sort of lust. And she found it, he was looking at her with such desire and hunger it made her feel lightheaded. She could see him swallow heavily as he leaned down slightly to whisper in her ear, "Do you want me to kiss you?"

Maria gulped loudly and whispered back, "If you want to...I sure as hell wouldn't resist." As she moved closer to him, closing her eyes waiting for his touch. She felt his mouth gently pressing itself on hers, causing shivers to run through her whole body. The sensation almost seemed unreal, she never imagined kissing another person would feel so good. Lorenzo kissed her hard and fast like he wanted her to know that he was interested in her, she couldn't help but enjoy the feeling. And it felt wonderful, he gently brushed his lips across hers. He kissed slowly as if trying to savor every taste of her before pressing his lips against her jaw and down to her neck. She gasped lightly and tilted her head forward as his lips trailed down to the dip between her breasts, leaving a trail of kisses.