CURIOSITY BLINDS THE MERMAN.

Chapter: 103.
******

Eight Hundred Years Ago.

City of Aquarial.

********

Aquarial was filled with the heavenly scent of purple roses. Purple Roses could the city and the grounds littered with Roses, the air glorious with its scent. It was the day of the festival and all Aquarial was eager to celebrate as they all went about getting dressed in their best clothes, buying gifts for their loved ones, confessing their loves to those their hearts desired, and preparing their magics to welcome another heavenly rain of the Merfairies Purple Roses. A memorable day in Aquarial indeed. While everyone gathered around in Aquari known as The Realm Of The Kings a certain young merman found his eyes seeking the peak of the Seven Mountains where bolts of lightning erupted.

He gasped and looked toward his family to see if anyone else was seeing what he saw but it seemed they were all engrossed in the Millions of Soulbutterflies dancing above Aquarial along with the Merfairy's golden clouds of dust and Purple Roses creating a mixture of silver, gold, and purple. It was a sight far more beautiful than any other yet the merman couldn't have compared all that beauty to the bolts of lightning and how they attracts him as if they beckoned him so strongly that he could not resist the calls of the flashes of Lightning and so he wandered away from the crowd and made his way to the Seven Mountains.

It was the day of the festival and it is forbidden to be by the Seven Mountains since it can only be approached and guarded by a Tideian yet the merman could not resist the pull which drew him toward the bolts of lightning and so he ignored all rational thoughts and swims. Upon reaching the Base of the Mountains, Alexander casts a Soulbutterfly with the vision spell and sends it up to the peak to be his spy and see what causes the lightning. His sight became one with the Soulbutterfly he sent forth and he watched as the butterfly approached the Peaks and disappeared amid Lightning. The curious Merman looked on in awe as he saw the lightning, it seemed as though they came from above Aquarial and then spread over across the Seven cities in Aquarial, the merman was smitten by what he saw, and his tail rooted at the base of the Mountains.

*********

Although the brightness of the Lightning was beyond comparison yet the distant glow of a Soulbutterfly could easily be distinguished and thus Tide upon sensing the presence of an intruder who has trespassed his working area snapped his eyes open, to behold the Soulbutterfly fluttering amidst lightning if it weren't a magical creation it would have died as soon as it got closer to the lightning. Tide groaned, he wanted to know who dared to trespass so looking beyond the Butterfly he saw the merman who sent it, a sudden shift in the Tideian's Soulpearl had him breathing harshly, the better half of his soulpearl suddenly went cold, and for a moment there he lost his concentration on the Lightning he controls causing the millions of Soulbutterflies dancing above Aquarial to stutter but he soon regained his composure, stabling the Lightning and then speaking directly to the Merman through his Soulbutterfly.

"You shouldn't be here, merman."

Gasping and falling off his tail, Alexander panted roughly at the sound of the voice so close to his ears. His Soulbutterfly scattered into fire dust as he fell. He didn't leave, didn't get up from where he sat, rather he stilled and his vision glued to the lightning. He couldn't look away, couldn't get the sound of that voice out of his ears and mind as if there had been a sudden shift to his Soulpearl, he felt it, a cold wave within his SoulPearl, and then a sudden heat claimed half of his SoulPearl.

It was the strangest feeling in eighty-six years and he would never be the same after that day and so would the Tideian.

Once Tide had settled the Lightning and the Soulbutterflies floating in the cities disappeared creating a rain of purple roses mixed with fire dust, the lightning seized abruptly causing the trespasser at the base of the mountains to go blind instantly. Shocked and confused Alexander clawed at his eyes but he couldn't see a damn thing. The lightning had taken his sight and now he understood why it was forbidden to be near the mountains more so at a time like this, staring directly into the lightning like a fool.

"Help!" He cried helplessly and frightened. What would he do without his sight? It's a very important day today in Aquarial. How could he not witness it until the end? This is bad, really bad. "Somebody help, please, I can't see!" His voice was shaky as he grew more afraid by the second, the darkness was overpowering and the merman has never been more afraid.

Tide has approached the Merman who had caused the rift in his concentration and had made his Soulpearl feel its first warmth. A smile broadened his lips as he watched him crawl around in a desperate attempt to find help.

"I told you, you weren't supposed to be here." He whispered, causing the crying merman to still at the sound of his voice and to turn toward it. Although Alexander couldn't see anything but blackness yet he felt the presence of the Tideian and his Soulpearl longed to be closer to him.

"You took half my Soulpearl," he muttered confusedly, feeling as though half his Soulpearl has been stolen and his Soulstrenght limited. 

"Oh, I didn't, if anything I'm sure it is you who have stolen mine and it would have caused a serious accident to Aquarial if I hadn't stabilized myself in time," Tide informed, coming closer to the merman. "What were you doing here? You should have been with your families enjoying the festival yet you wandered off and to the Mountains of all places," Tide scolded. "Didn't you learn never to come here? This is the place for a Tideian, no Merman or Mermaid is allowed here."

Sniffing Alexander muttered. "I apologize, I only saw the lightning and they enticed me, I couldn't ignore their calls." He replied truthfully. "I am truly sorry, grant me my sight and I promise I will never come here again." He begged.

"My lightning?" Tide was confused but he needed to help him get his sight back sadly he could not do it alone he needed the help of a Merfairy and he needed to consult with Naga afterward. "Come," he bent lower and gathered the merman in his arms carrying him away from the mountains and towards his cave. Once he had nestled the merman onto his bed, he sent forth a Soulbutterfly to summon his friend Nixie. He hoped she gets his message seeing as it is the night of the Purple Rose festival and all Merfairies would be busy but Nexie is never too busy for her dear friend and once she saw his Soulbutterfly whispering his messages into her ears she took a short leave from her mates, casting a portal and going through.