5

Her

The moment my shoulder popped back into place, expertly, I felt relief. Levi had moved like he had already known exactly what to do. I felt something snap inside me as I accepted the pain from my shoulder. Letting my mind focus on that and everything that was wrong. A moment of blinding pain followed by almost bliss from the dull ache of stretched muscles and ligaments relaxing back into place. As I started to come down, I realized I was starving, and something very suspicious was happening.

He helped dress me, giving me an extra blanket for my shoulders. Sitting down on the bed beside me, looking content as we sat there in silence. He was too handsome and if I had to judge based on that one phone call richer than was reasonable. "Who are you?"

His head turned slowly, shoulder length auburn hair that shone with prismatic natural highlights, his lips slowly twisting into a small smile that wasn't reflected in how those hazel eyes were looking at me. I felt my breath hitch, the instinct to run, or freeze. Feeling that I had done something wrong. Nothing had gone right for me since yesterday and now I couldn't even remember names or manners. Or take a dress off on my own.

"A friend," He handed my phone that had been charging on the bedside table on that side of the bed. Zero missed calls, zero messages. No one knew where I was, and no one had come looking for me. "Seems like you are short on those love." It wasn't said with malice. He was just blunt with the truth. It was refreshing, I decided.

"Merritt Stonem" I stuck my good hand out towards him. Hoping my small gambit to try and start again, would be accepted. He wasn't wrong about me needing someone.

His eyes flashed almost golden for a second as he ran his tongue along the seam of his lips smiling, but his eyes looked like a cat just before he pounced as his smooth skinned hand enveloped mine with a gentle shake, "Leviticus Wallace." He said with the accent that poured through me like a liquid aphrodisiac. "Levi"

"Meri" I said in return, "It's a pleasure to meet you Levi, I'm sorry you seem to have met me at my absolute worst." I jumped, letting go of his hand before he could react as there was a knock at the door.

"Room service." A voice announced. Moving smoother than liquid silk he arose from the bed, on strong legs making a very nice picture as he walked away towards the door. I felt my cheeks flush. I wasn't drunk anymore, but I still couldn't stop myself from basically undressing him with my eyes.

Levi unlocked the hotel door, including the inner safety lock and deadbolt. I noticed, trying to pull the soft red fleece blanket around my shoulders closer, no more free shows for anyone else thanks. I wanted the last shreds of my dignity to stay in place.

Levi seeing me like this was already more people than I wanted aware of my complete breakdown. Outside was a man rolling in a large cart with cloched plates of food. Along with a plain clothed younger man with two delivery bags. Both received tips and were sent on their way. He didn't relock everything this time like he must have after coming in and finding me hurt.

He came back to the bed, furnishing a soft tank top with detachable straps, he helped me sit up straighter, lifting the duvet, and went to touch my legging clad legs before he stopped himself, "May I?" He asked, as he was offering to continue to help dress me. I nodded. He grabbed a leg in each hand, untucking just my legs from the sheet that was still covering my upper body along with the blanket.

He took me by the hand, getting me to stand as the shirt was up to my hips, I clutched at the fleece blanket as he undid the knot that was holding the sheet up. It billowed around me as it fell to the floor. Levi only looked into my eyes as his hands brought the shirt up the rest of the way. Never once looking down at the pale blush colored lace bra. No one else but me had ever seen. I felt a flash of wildness burst forward. I let go of the blanket I had clutched around me. I was wearing leggings and a bra. It was the most undressed I had been in front of another person, well aside from doctors and other professionals.