Chapter 12

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Maroudi, Nigeria.

Nadine Abiola Sheriff—eldest daughter to Oil Tycoon Abiola Sheriff. In the Southern part of the country, her father's name is well known. When counting the richest men in the country, he is amongst the top ten and no one can deny that.

His wife, Taheera Barnawa hails from the prestigious Jabeer Barnawa family in the North. One of the olden days reigning rich men and still, a pretty powerful man. Taheera, albeit a housewife did not drop her status of being a typical Kano woman for she knew her way around business despite being a housewife. She ventured into a business of hers involving women clothing, and now has her own clothing line.

Being the eldest daughter of these two comes with its perks.

Fame, beauty, and power, you name it—Nadine has it all.

She had kept her name under the wraps though until she started to model for her mother's brand, and slowly, other brands hired her as well. With a beauty and family like that, she earned her name in social media with about two hundred and fifty thousand plus followers on Instagram and even got her account verified.

For those who know, it makes them wonder why and how she ended up being the wife of Maroudi's Prince, who by the looks of it does not care one bit about her. What more could she want by being his wife?

Her family has it all, and the Sunusi family of Maroudi is no less. Maroudi is still one of the States in Nigeria where albeit is ruled by Governors and those in office, the Royal family has as much power.

Besides it's one of those states where the elites of the country are found. Almost everyone wants to have a part in Maroudi because that would improve their image.

That makes people—the one who knows of the marriage between the Prince and the daughter of the tycoon, wonder whether there's a motive behind the union from both sides. After all, an allegiance like that is a pretty powerful one.

Only those within the internal court of the Palace knows about their marriage, and the reason for it to be kept under the wraps remains a mystery despite knowing how important it would be for the both of them.

How would people react to knowing AbdulHakeem Bello Sunusi, a potential Sultan of Maroudi is married to the Nadine Abiola Sheriff?

It would make the both of them unstoppable. The power that comes with that is a lot.

But with all these, one of the things she wanted the most and still couldn't get is recognition from her husband. She wanted him to see her as his wife and even announce it to the world.

Would that be so bad?

It would be extremely good for his image to even be associated with her. Isn't that why he still keeps her around?

But he vehemently refused to do so. What more? When a scandal between them blew out, she thought he would at least announce to the world that she is his wife then but what did he do? He denied it, and her in the face of everyone.

And then what did he do now?

He came out in public and claim to wife a woman that he shouldn't even be interested in the first place. How dare he put a claim on Zainab while he denied her?

Enraged, she took a flight back to Nigeria.

Her father's private jet from Qatar landed in Nigeria at 4pm the very same day Hakeem announced he's married to Zainab. She stepped out of it dressed in a Sibyelle High-Neck Printed Midi Dress. Her unruly wavy hair was tied into a low ponytail and covered with a veil she had tied into a scarf which was pushed back.