Chapter 30.

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Maroudi, Nigeria.

Three months later, Maroudi was hosting one of the biggest elite dinner party of the year. It wasn't like any other party where people would come to dance and do whatever. No, this is a party specially for the elite to build connections and gain more power.

It is the first time it's being held in Maroudi, and almost everyone was looking forward to it.

Who wouldn't? It was sponsored by the new Sultan of Maroudi himself—a man that a lot yearn to meet.

Sultan AbdulAzeez Bello Sunusi.

And of course, his partner, the Governor elect, Alhaji Suraj Shamaki. With the elections concluded only a week ago, the man is on cloud nine knowing he had finally gotten what he wants and no one can stop him anymore.

At long last, both he and Sultan Azeez have gotten what they've wanted all these years. Of course, they will celebrate it in the most lavish way they could. Besides, what's better than hosting a dinner and inviting most, if not, almost all the influential people in the country?

A lot didn't turn down the request, because after all, being invited to Maroudi like that is an honor that no one would like to pass up. Who knows the kind of connections you'd end up making by the end of the night?

It was set to hold place in the resort Azeez and Suraj mostly meet—the one that is strictly based on invitation—BlackAce Resort. Somehow, Azeez was able to cut out a deal with the manager since he can't meet the owner directly. Truth be told, the manager is the one he has ever met.

No one truly knows who own it.

However, they were looking forward to finding out tonight—as the person is invited too as the special guest of the evening.

The Resort, BlackAce Resorts is amongst the top ten in the country—especially because of the its exclusivity. That only adds to the mystery and the long list of people wanting to visit only goes on and on. During times like this, it takes a year to be able to reserve a place there without invitation.

It certainly did not disappoint, because that day more than any other, the decorations and the service went up a notch—offering nothing but the absolute best. At the same time, offering a perfect balance between traditional, and fancy setting.

Rows of the most expensive cars pulled up front, as the guests alighted from their various vehicles and ostentatiously strolled in. By the door, a man stood there with a microphone, announcing the presence of each guest, be it as an individual, or as a couple.

As a couple approached where he stood, their fingers intertwined and their heads held up high, he looked down at the tablet he held in hand and saw their names. Visibly, he blew out a breath and then brought the microphone up. "Arriving now is none other than Prince Muhammad Aamir El Khabir of Katsina, who is also, the CEO of El Khabir Corp. And, walking beside him is his wife, Amyrah Khadija Daihaah Uthman Fareed, the now CFO of El Khabir Corp." Just as he finished his introduction, the couple walked into the large hall where the others are.

Having their presence announced, a lot turned around to see the couple that almost everyone had been talking about or as others like to call them, the power couple. They certainly owned the name, because from the way they walked with their chin slightly jutted and lips set into a tight line, they gave off the 'don't mess with us' vibe.

A few of the single women there didn't miss the chance to ogle at the Prince, because he truly is a sight to behold. For those that have never seen his before, or had only seen him on pictures, they would believe it did not do justice to the man.