Chapter 39.

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Maroudi, Nigeria.

"You know, owning a business like BlackAce can be pretty cool"

Zainab looked up from the couch she had decided to make herself comfortable on. "You think so?" She asked, mirth dancing in her eyes and tone.

Adnan nodded from where he stood in the kitchen, making breakfast for himself since she doesn't want one. It's the same day after she had returned, and a little while after she told him she would hand over the resort to him when he's older.

And he wouldn't shut up about it.

But, she liked how he's blabbering about it. It's nice to see him speak about something like that.

"-Don't you want to be a lawyer anymore?" She added, turning around to rest her head on her palm—now fully facing him.

Adnan's eyes were fixated on the sandwich he's trying to make. For someone who lives alone, he isn't really the best of cooking so he whips up something simple, or order it. He can't stress himself over that.

"A lawyer who owns a resort. And not just any, the most famous in Maroudi. Come on, I'm obviously going to be the most eligible bachelor when the time comes. And then maybe, my girlfriend will come back to me" He sulked, hissing lightly under his breath.

Zainab couldn't help but to laugh out loud. "Ah...bros. You don chop breakfast?" She teased, remembering how this girl must've meant to him since he even made her birthday his apartment pin.

Adnan looked over his shoulder to glare at her. "She is just confused. But, she will come back to me" He sounded so sure of himself. "I just need to become an eligible bachelor first" He added, under his breath.

Yet again, Zainab laughed. It's times like this that makes her regret not spending more than with him growing up instead of giving her all to Maroudi Today. Because, it seems only after she got fired is she able to spend time with him. She even got to live with him again for a few days because of that.

"Yo...shorty! What are you thinking of?"

That definitely snapped her out of her little moment there. She frowned deeply, eyes narrowed at the young man asking for a furious woman. "Call me shorty again. I dare you" She warned through gritted teeth.

It was now Adnan's turn to laugh. He rose his hands up, turning around to look at her. "Geez...no need to go all angry minion on me" He teased, picking up the sandwich that isn't appealing to the eye but since it will enter his stomach, it doesn't matter whether it looks good or not.

As he stepped out of the kitchen, a pillow came flying in his direction. Since he didn't see it coming, it hit him right in the face and he nearly dropped the plate in his hand. Luckily, he was able to balance his hand before throwing his famous glares at his minion of his sister that's laughing her short self to no ends.

"You're a child" He deadpanned, feigning a serious look as he walked into the adjoin living room and took the sofa opposite her.

"Dude, I'm like six years older than you"

"And you're still acting like a child" He gave her a look that dared her to claim otherwise. And she couldn't. "This is why you'll die single" He added lowly, though he fully intended for her to hear.

"Hey!"

"What? It's true" He shrugged, taking a huge bite from the sandwich. And then another. "I'm going to give you out for free when you turn thirty, because you can't stay in my house forever, young lady"