Chapter 25.

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Maroudi, Nigeria.

Crossing her legs, her finger swiped downwards as she read the comments on the post about Zainab. It was indeed spreading like wildfire, because in less than twenty fours, there is about a million views on the video—and that's just from one site, not to talk of the other websites it was posted, and reposted of course.

Nadine's lips stretched into a wide smirk, clearly amused as she continued to read the malicious comments. Oh how she would love to see Zainab's face as the woman reads it herself. If anything, she doubts Zainab can handle it.

The comments are pretty insulting.

If she was in her shoes, she wouldn't want to show her face to the world ever again. If anything, she would much rather stay behind bars because a life outside and in the face of the world would be cruel.

She's already labelled as a cyprian, a murderer and of course, a huge liar.

Truly, if Zainab could read the comment it would do a number on her. Social media can take a toll on a person, not to mention if you're on the receiving end of the hatred and ZainabShamaki is the face of all those gossip sites.

It's astonishing to see how many people turned their backs on her in just a matter of hours.

A loud cackle escaped her parted lips as Nadine read a particular comment—she couldn't help it. It was so mean. At this point, she's so close to going to the station and breaking the news to Zainab because somehow, a part of her believes the girl is unaware.

She can only assume the people around Zainab wouldn't want her to find out because she's already going through enough. Keep that tough act aside, she knows even that stubborn woman will be affected by this so it only makes sense for them to hide it from her.

It wouldn't do her any good—especially her mental health after everything she had gone through in the past few days. For her sake, it'll be better to keep it under the wraps so she could deal with one problem at a time.

But Nadine wants to destroy that peace. That little, tiniest bit of peace Zainab has now; she wants to destroy it into smithereens. If it is up to her, she wouldn't let that woman get any hint of peace.

And all this is just a preview of what will hit her if she ever marries Hakeem; that is, if she gets out of prison which Nadine doubts will happen any time.

Nadine's phone pinged, as a message came through. Exiting the Instagram app, she tapped the message to read the contents. Her smile fell, and her expression turned sour. Blowing out a breath, she got up from the chair she's seated on.

Taking her bag with her, she stepped out of the office only to run into the numerous workers of the brand she's currently working for. The woman had a file in her hand, which she looked up from just as she noticed Nadine's presence. "Oh! Miss Sheriff. Are you heading home already?"

Nadine's lips stretched into a tight line, as she nodded. "Yeah" She breathed out a sigh.
"I'm done so I'm heading out early" Technically, that isn't a lie. She is done with her work for the day, and although she usually doesn't head out early, the message she got changed her mind then.

The woman simply offered her a nod and a warm smile. "Alright then. Hope you have a good day"

"You too" With that said, Nadine walked past the woman and headed out of the building; flashing small smiles at the people who greeted her. At her place of work, people adore and look up to her; even though there are obviously those jealous of her—it's always been like that wherever she works.