Chapter 21.

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Maroudi, Nigeria.

"Renowned Journalist who used to work at Maroudi Today, Miss ZainabShamaki has just been arrested at her home for the murder of Mr. KareeemTalba, former CEO of Maroudi Today. No statement is yet to be given by the police or MissShamaki. However, insiders say there has been a concrete evidence that turned up against her and it will be highly unlikely for her to get out. Stay tuned to MRD TV for more news. I am your host...."

The clip changed from that of the reporter, to showing Zainab stepping out of the apartment with the police accompanying her. How the reporters managed to get a whiff of her arrest and show up there is beyond her. They were quick to move in that direction, and start to fire questions from all angles.

It was obvious though by the look on her face that she won't say a word. Because even with puffy eyes that obviously showed she had either been crying or not getting enough sleep, she walked out with her head held up high.

By the looks of it, it would rain soon because there wasn't a sign of the sun in sight. Instead, the weather was dark, just like how she's feeling internally.

Still in nothing but a turtleneck and sweatpants, the breeze whooshed in her direction; making a few strands of her lob-cut hair move to cover the side of her face. She reached her hand out and pushed it away, ignoring the reporters and their incessant questions. The police that surrounded her had to keep the reporters away from getting too close, despite not getting a word from her.

When they reached where the car is, she was made to turn around and then the cuffs were placed on her.

'The Arrest of ZainabShamaki'

'ZainabShamaki arrested for murder';

Were a few of the headlines of the news report live from the place. At that point, anyone listening to news or goes on social media in Maroudi, and other states as well must know her.

For nearly about a week, she has been the face of the news and one scandal after another.

After she has been cuffed and made to enter the car, the clip then moved to the reporters who went about giving more information—some of which are facts and others that are simply rumors and assumptions.

With a sigh, Amna picked up the remote and turned the TV off before discarding it somewhere on the sofa. She then picked up her bag and turned around with the intention of heading straight to the police station. Adnan had called her the minute Zainab was arrested as the latter asked of him and almost immediately, Amna hastily changed and was on her way out when she saw the news report.

She had already promised Hakeem she would take care of Zainab, and that is exactly what she would do. Besides, he didn't have to ask her. She cares about Zainabthat even without anyone asking her, she would've offered help as much as she can.

And in this case, she plans on clearing Zainab's name whatever it would take.

Just as she was about to reach the door, it opened and in stepped the last person she wanted to see at the moment; her husband. Her expression hardened when his eyes narrowed at her. He gave her a once over, already having an idea what she could be up to.

Taking a few steps to close the distance between them, he gave her one of his infamous stern looks. "Where are you heading to?" He inquired, despite knowing already.

Amna held his gaze, which wasn't that hard because compared to others, nothing Azeez does scares her. Well, her and Zainab. The difference between them is Amna knows Azeez, despite his bad acts and whatnot, loves her truly. So, even if he gets angry at her, he won't do anything.