Chapter 4: Monster ☆

AN: Rewritten Chapter (10/29/2023)

Chapter 4: Monster

🎥 Public recording of conference #322: Evolutionary theory of the human brain.

"...One hundred billion neurons for every human being, of which only 15% are active. Not to mention, there are more connections in the human body than there are stars in the galaxy."

"However, even in the current era where quirks have expanded our understanding of biology, it has been impossible to understand even a fraction of the true potential of the human brain.

Nezu explains in detail, sitting comfortably in the middle of an interview set as the camera focuses on him and the audience around him listens with interest. Given this, the person next to him adjusts his glasses and intervenes.

"More than a hundred million babies are born every year... And according to some theories from my colleagues on I-Island, quirks become more complex with each generation. Around one hundred million genetic combinations per year... Thousands of quirks related to the brain and yet to date no important cases have been registered..." David Shield gives his opinion as the camera focuses on him.

"...At least not naturally." He adds silently, as he glances at Nezu out of the corner of his eye and nods respectfully.

"In conclusion!" Nezu exclaims happily, taking a sip of the tea before continuing. "The human brain has a gigantic information network to which there is almost no access... And it is only a little more developed than the brain of a primate. Hahaha!" He laughs out loud as the show's host and the audience smile nervously.

"Mr. Principal, if I may ask a question." The host of the program intervenes.

"Of course." Nezu replies, taking another sip of tea nonchalantly.

"What could happen if, for some unknown reason, a person manifested a quirk capable of bypassing those limitations and managed to release 100% of his brain capacity?" The host asks seriously.

"The 100%?"

"Yeah."

"In a nutshell, that would certainly be fascinating... And terrifying, oh... Very terrifying."

Nezu muttered sinisterly with a strange glint in his eyes, possibly contemplating all possible scenarios as his teacup fell to the ground and broke into many pieces.

Immediately afterward, a dead silence spread throughout the recording set, the host, the audience, the cameramen... All of them remained silent as they absorbed Nezu's words.

Then David Shield with a completely serious expression on his face whispered what everyone present was thinking as the camera image zoomed out dramatically.

"A monster."

~

~

~

"Let's go to some commercials..."