This Is The Way

Chapter 20 This Is The Way

POV David Shield

"Hail Hydra!" I exclaim in front of the small hologram of Child Emperor, donning my combat helmet which covers my entire face and distorts my voice as the three I-Island heroes follow my lead heading to their designated posts.

It is not the time to doubt, it is the time to act.

Shortly after, I find myself walking down a long illuminated corridor with my cloak billowing behind me as I approach a huge metal gate that begins to open revealing a huge and impressive amphitheater on the other side.

Child Emperor spared no expense when building this awesome and terrifying tower. I still ask myself what kind of mysteries hides the twisted and fascinating mind of Child Emperor.

As I get closer to the center of the arena two flying figures land in front of me creating a small shock wave that causes dust to cover both figures.

"It took us a while to destroy that pesky devil laser." Hawks says chuckling lightly shaking his big wings clearing all the dust and revealing his figure along with Captain Celebrity.

"And I must admit that Child Emperor certainly has good taste." Hawks says dusting off his clothes and looking around the amphitheater with a shocked look on his face before narrowing his eyes at me.

"On that, we can both agree, hero." I say sizing up both heroes in front of me ready to jump into action at a moment's notice.

"We don't have time for this, the other heroes will soon catch up with us." Captain Celebrity whispers looking at Hawks before staring at me. "If you answer a simple question we will let you escape and you can return from the hole you came from." Captain Celebrity says with a smug smile on his face.

"Where is Child Emperor?" Hawks asks seriously with a dark look covering his face which sends a shiver down my spine. This feeling... It's the killing intent directed at me!

Child Emperor was right, the Heroes Public Safety Commission is making its move.

"And if I refuse to answer?" I ask curiously.

"You die." Captain Celebrity says with a crooked smile on his face as Hawks remains silent.

The battle is unavoidable.

"So be it." I growl unsheathing a hilt and pressing a small button on the side, immediately afterward, a black light materializes from the hilt thus forming a black lightsaber. Child Emperor's technology is simply impressive.

At that moment, three hidden figures descend from the air using jetpacks and position themselves at my sides ready for battle while at the same time a conspicuous explosion occurs behind us.

Child Emperor's penchant for dramatic entrances has no limits.

"Let the Games Begin!" Child Emperor's excited voice is heard through all the speakers in the amphitheater.

I snort remembering the chain of events that brought me to this position. It is impossible to go back, I chose this path and I plan to move forward with my convictions... the future depends on it.

A determined look spreads across my face as I point my lightsaber in the direction of the pair of heroes who have dark looks on their faces. They don't plan to hold back and neither do we. So, a few words from me were enough to unleash hell.

"This is the way."