A Little Problem

Chapter 31 A little problem

Months ago.

After the Endeavor fiasco and coming under public scrutiny, the Hero Public Safety Commission momentarily halted any suspicious and immoral activity within their facility. However, this did not stop some of the board members from secretly funding illegal animal research.

In a small illegal laboratory located inside an abandoned warehouse.

"The tests carried out on experiment 626 show that the specimen is stronger than we thought." A scientist hisses, his face covered in recent scars as he stands in front of a screen communicating with the Hero Commission trying to get more funding for his twisted experiments.

"Without clear and concise results we will not be able to continue financing your research, therefore we will have to look for another person who meets the expectations." A member of the board of directors of the Hero Commission says seriously crossing his arms on the other side of the screen.

This of course infuriates the scientist. "I have invested a lot of time, effort, and blood in this investigation!" The scientist exclaims angrily pointing at the scars on his face before calming down and huffing.

A few days ago, experiment 626 attempted to escape causing several scars on the scientist's face, however, the experiment was quickly contained due to the failsafe implemented by the scientist.

"Experiment 626 is the only specimen that has managed to successfully adapt to the tests, not to mention the ability to regenerate cells in the quirk factor, so it is possible that the experiment will develop new abilities in the future." He hisses with a crooked smile spreading across his face.

"With sufficient funding, the potential will be limitless!" He exclaims with a manic glint in his eye and spreads his arms out dramatically. "A weapon of mass destruction capable of dealing with all the enemies of the Hero Commission or even the genetic structure data from the experiment could be instrumental in achieving... Immortality!" The scientist hisses, licking his lips.

This elicits a look of interest from the executive. "We will reconsider increasing the funding and..." This is all the executive says before someone else quickly approaches him and whispers a few things in his ear causing the executive's eyes to narrow. "I have just been informed that a few minutes ago there was an intrusion into our system..."

*Connection lost*

At that moment, the power in the laboratory is interrupted causing the emergency lights to come on. "A general power failure? It's impossible, this can only mean one thing... Prepare for combat and establish contact with the Hero Commission again! We are under attack!" The scientist exclaims pointing at his subordinates before an explosion blows up the main door of the laboratory.

"Dammit, the Hero Commission was supposed to keep heroes away from this area." The scientist hissed introducing his hand into his mouth and pulling out a small switch that was kept inside him thanks to his quirk that gives him some reptilian qualities.

Immediately afterward, the screams of his subordinates do not wait as he begins to approach a small cell where experiment 626 is contained quickly...

Inside the cell stands a small, emaciated puppy with three sets of eyes quivering in fear in a corner with a powerful electric collar around his neck.

"I have a task for you, monster."