A Dark Force Stalking In The Shadows.

Chapter 55 A Dark Force Stalking In The Shadows.

POV Third Person

Somewhere in the Forest of Chaos.

Under the dead of night and heavy rain, two police officers patrol the Forest of Chaos looking for heroes or unconscious police officers in the bushes or hanging from the trees. This is due to the chaotic laughing gas released by Child Emperor, which rendered a large number of heroes and police officers unconscious.

"Sergeant, this forest is scary... How about we meet a monster? Do you think there are still active traps? Did you hear what happened to Bubble Girl?" A rookie officer asks shakily, pointing his flashlight at anything suspicious as a blush spreads across his face.

It turns out that when Bubble Girl was found by a search and rescue team, she was stark naked, sweaty, and exhausted, muttering incoherently about perverted tentacles and spaceships. Therefore, rumors quickly spread among police officers and some heroes, giving rise to endless theories.

"Shut up... and keep your eyes open, rookie... This forest has ears." The Sergeant answers, tensing a bit at the mention of Bubble Girl.

"The forest can hear us?!" The rookie cop exclaims, looking quickly in all directions with his pale face.

"Damn... are things so bad that they have to set me up with a rookie fresh out of the police academy? I don't get paid enough for this." The sergeant mutters.

"Did you say something?" The rookie cop asks cluelessly after being distracted by watching a spider eat a fly.

"Nothing..." The sergeant snorts, continuing with the task assigned to him, while the rookie policeman follows close behind, visibly scared.

However, not long after and in the heavy rain, a small tremor shakes the ground below them. Thus causing both policemen to immediately stop with their eyes wide open in panic before another tremor a little stronger than the previous one occurs.

"Sergeant, don't tell me that perhaps... Did we activate a trap?" The rookie cop asks slowly with beads of sweat and rain running down his face, while his shaky flashlight is pointed in the direction of a small crack that is getting bigger and bigger not far from him.

"Sergeant?" He asks again after getting no answer only to realize that the sergeant is away from him, quickly fleeing the area.

"Run, Rookie! RUN!" The sergeant exclaims, quickly disappearing into the trees. Due to the current situation, many police officers prefer to run away and let the heroes deal with whatever horrors Child Emperor's imagination can unleash.

"Sergeant! Wait for me!" The rookie cop exclaims in panic, just before another strong tremor shakes the ground beneath him violently, knocking him to the ground and sending his heart rate up to extreme levels.

Suddenly, a limp hand emerges from the crack in the ground in front of him, causing his breathing to become erratic and him to freeze in fear. Immediately after, an emaciated figure slowly begins to emerge from the ground... A figure covered in numerous wounds, burns, and mud before beginning to stagger in the direction of the rookie officer.

"I'm here... And I need help..." All Might in his haggard form mutters, breathing heavily and on the verge of collapse with a conflicted look on his face.

However, the rookie officer only heard hungry growls coming from the figure that was slowly approaching him. This caused the frightened and inexperienced officer to slowly extend his hand toward his belt and draw his service weapon.