World! I am Child Emperor!

Chapter 10 World! I am Child Emperor!

Tonight has been a lot of fun, first I easily defeat SludgeMan, then the heroes are lured into my little ambush in the underground fighting arena where I managed to identify some flaws in the programming of some of my inventions.

I also collected a lot of data which will help me a lot in the future to develop and complement combat strategies for different situations as well as the implementation of new weapons to my arsenal.

As for my little legion of Furbies, their programming has worked to my specifications, which is why the field test for the Furby-Apocalypse project was a complete success. This will kick off future more advanced technological developments regarding artificial intelligence.

Additionally, they will cause an excellent distraction by keeping most of the heroes and the police busy while I escape.

All of this is just a side benefit to my main objective though. My main objective has always been to have fun, to have a lot of fun in this world.

Heroes and villains are just pawns in a grand and elaborate game. My game!

"You're going to end up roasted!" I exclaim with a laugh shooting a powerful stream of energy from my sniper umbrella in the direction of the winged hero while the recoil of the weapon swiftly propels me in the opposite direction allowing me to get away to a safe distance from the hero.

The shot of energy lights up the dark sky of the city drawing the attention of countless people who were in the streets below us.

"You won't be able to run away from me!" Hawks exclaims performing an impressive evasive maneuver nimbly dodging the energy blast as he spreads his wings and shoots some of his feathers in my direction.

At this, I activate my umbrella's protective hexagonal barrier causing the feathers sent in my direction to bounce off my barrier as I continue to propel myself over the city.

Hawks is clearly holding back, I guess he doesn't want to hurt a little kid with his sharp feathers. Idiot heroes, however, I will use his idiocy to my advantage.

"Activate Contingency Protocol C-17!" I exclaim which causes a small holographic sight to appear on the right visor of my gas mask causing a large number of codes to begin executing.

In that, I unfold the hooks of my belt which proceed to embed themselves tightly around some buildings which causes me to abruptly change direction performing a 360-degree turn with the help of the propulsion of my three-dimensional rocket shoes. Which in turn positions me right behind Hawks taking him by surprise.

Below us, thousands of people are watching us from the apartments, and from the streets, the drivers even stopped their vehicles to observe the strange situation that was happening in the sky of the city.

Many people are recording the situation on their phones while news helicopters are already in the air broadcasting the events live.

Most of the heroes and cops are fighting my legion of Furbies across town in the industrial zone, so there's only a small number of low-level cops and heroes watching me right now.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Hawks yells stopping abruptly in midair turning quickly towards me. However, his eyes widen as he realizes that I am propelling in his direction with my sniper umbrella pointed at him.

At that moment, a small but powerful turret unfolds from my backpack thanks to my compression technology. "Time to bring out the heavy weapons!" I exclaim with a crooked smile spreading across my face. At this, Hawks' face turns completely serious and he lunges with impressive speed toward me.