Abracadabra!

Chapter 48 Abracadabra!

Months before.

In an elegant office located inside a busy nightclub, the famous information broker Giran sits in his comfortable chair with recent gold inlays on it. All this while he lights an expensive cigarette with the help of his new and eccentric blaster-shaped lighter in front of one of the best thieves in all of Japan. Sako Atsuhiro also known as Mr. Compress.

"And good? Did you complete the job?" Giran asks professionally, holding his cigarette in his mouth and watching intently as Mr. Compress spins some marbles in his hands.

"It's a basic habit of magic." Mr. Compress whispers, tossing the marbles into the air under Giran's watchful eye. "When you show something, it's because there's something you don't want them to see." He says with a small smile behind his mask before snapping his fingers. "Abracadabra!" He exclaims extending his arms dramatically to his sides causing all the marbles in the air to explode and spray confetti all over Giran's office before a huge diamond appears just above his right hand causing Giran's eyes to lightly sparkle.

"Nobody saw me go in and nobody saw me go out. The job is done." He says as he places the diamond on Giran's desk with an enigmatic smile on his face.

Giran smiles triumphantly, crushing out his cigarette in a nearby ashtray. "That's what I wanted to hear." Giran nods verifying the authenticity of the diamond before opening a small safe located on his desk and taking out a small wad of high-denomination bills which he delivers to Mr. Compress, thus finalizing a typical transaction between them.

Then the atmosphere in the small office tenses, as Giran closes the safe with a clank and lights another expensive cigarette. "Have you considered the offer I made you over the phone a few days ago?" Giran asks with a seriousness that cuts like a knife. "The leader of Hydra has a strange interest in you and he tasked me with convincing you to arrange a meeting with him." He says with a serious and direct tone.

At this, Mr. Compress remains silent contemplatively. The tension is palpable as if the very air is charged with electricity. All this while Giran waits with an expectant look.

The silence lasted for a few moments until Giran smiled his characteristic businessman's smile, immediately dissipating some of the accumulated tension. "You're smarter than the rest so I'll give you some free advice." Giran says pulling out his shiny phone and unlocking it deftly. After a few seconds of searching, he finds what he was looking for, starting to play a peculiar video, causing Mr. Compress's eyes to widen in surprise when he read the title of the video.

"In my vast experience in this shady world of business, I can know a good opportunity when it's right in front of me and let me tell you..." He says with a sly smile.

"Hydra is the Big Business."